We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

accessible beaches

3 posts
Save Topic
accessible beaches

Hi, is there wheelchair accessible beaches? By that I mean do all beaches have stairs? I saw some beaches have steps like you have to go down some steps to get on the sand, or maybe there is a possibilty to go around and still get down on the sand? Thanks

4 replies to this topic
Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
3,609 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: accessible beaches

In Chaweng many places have a few steps down from a path to the beach and the same in some parts of Lamai. Once I saw some wooden ramps near the Ark Bar in Chaweng. Pushing a wheelchair on soft sand could be very hard.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: accessible beaches

You'll be okay on the main beaches like Patong and Kata and Surin and Kamala. Actually Kamala might be best as it has a concrete path right above the beach for most of its length.

But the smaller coves like Freedom beach often have long staircases of dozens or hundreds of steps.

Nai Harn either has no steps or very few steps from memory. That small beach near Prompthep, I think it's called Yanui, has no steps or very few steps, it's right next to the road.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: accessible beaches

#1 is talking about Samui not Phuket

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
5,139 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: accessible beaches