We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is your favourite restaurant restaurant and why?

Vancouver
Level Contributor
3,722 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
What is your favourite restaurant restaurant and why?

I'm doing a short trip to Pattaya but am looking for a couple of restaurants while I'm there, one for lunch and the other for dinner, something with Thai ambience, or a nice setting on the water, could be quirky or fun... elegant or a hole-in-the-wall type of place with really good Thai food...

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is your favourite restaurant restaurant and why?

Hi there

I know this is probably not you're after but if you're fancy some cakes and good coffee while there. There's French cafe just out the front of Woodland resort north of pattaya near dolphin roundabout not far from Duait Thani hote. The cafe belong to Woodland resort. Theirs cakes, deserted are soooooo yummmmyyy and made real coffee. Oh Woodland resort restuarant( the one attached to their suites) made the best pizza even the queen of Sweden dined there when she was in town in 2010.

Good luck

Vancouver
Level Contributor
3,722 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is your favourite restaurant restaurant and why?

Hi Sweetpea... that sounds interesting... I like a good cup of coffee, and sweets are always my downfall!

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
14,444 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What is your favourite restaurant restaurant and why?

There is no shortage of restaurants in Pattaya, some only a short walk from your hotel. Avenue Mall has several restaurants, so does the Royal Garden Mall. (Red airplane sticks out of this mall.) Boat Bakery is past the Royal Garden Mall but across the street.

Going north from your hotel is Kiss Restaurant, Green Bottle, and a few more before you reach Central Festival Mall. Good food court in that mall with Thai and Western foods. On Beach Road there are some fancier places you will see by just walking around.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is your favourite restaurant restaurant and why?

For lunch, well I think you will be touring around, if you are doing Nong Nooch you can eat there, not saying great but convenient if you are touring around.

You know my tip for dinner :) Ruen Thai

The Pattaya Beer Garden at the start of walking street has cheap food drinks all day that is for a view. But you will see places to eat absolutely everywhere.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
3,722 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is your favourite restaurant restaurant and why?

Infidelal... great information - really! It is so helpful to have this kind of info for when I'll be there. Really appreciate it. And as for the red airplane sticking out of the Royal Garden Mall... did somebody zig when they should have zagged? lol

Monica.. Yes I have RuenThai on my list - I'm just trying to figure out how to fit dinner in before going to an 8 pm Tiffany or Alcazar show? Maybe i could have a late dinner afterwards, or have dinner at 6 pm and then go to the show. I looked up the times and I think Alcazar has more shows per day but Tiffany I think, starts around 8 pm. What do you think? eat early or eat late?

The first day, when I arrive around 10 am, i figured I could do Sanctuary of Truth in the morning and then have lunch somewhere and then see Nooch Gardens in the afternoon... The next day, I'll have about 5 hours to see some other sights before going back to Bangkok mid afternoon.

Any good places for breakfast? I don't know how Tim's Btq Hotel food is and I like thai food for brekkie...

P.S.: if I got into the Pattaya Beer Garden, I wouldn't see any sights!! (I like my beer too much!)

Edited: 19 September 2012, 11:59
Merseyside, United...
Level Contributor
1,028 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is your favourite restaurant restaurant and why?

In the evening I'd look at either The Balcony just off North Pattaya Road before you get to TESCO LOTUS, lovely dinning room, great staff and food but a little quiet , just the opposite is Mr 99 directly on the beach road between soi 7 / 8 can be a little noisy due to the traffic but the foods is excellent, has a group on each night, helps if you are a fan of ABBA. We found that the Ruen Thai isn’t as good as it was a few years ago, likewise PIC Kitchen. If you are staying in North Pattaya / Nakula Rim Talay next to the Centara hotel is very good also as long as you don’t mind eating outdoors, its right on the beach.

When we were last at the Dusit the cafe in front of the Woodland was being rebuilt it seemed they were making it much bigger more of a proper restaurant, as Infidelal has said lot of places to eat in Central and you can't beat either of the 2 Kiss restaurants for good cheap food you don't stay in business as long as they have unless yo are doun't everything right.

Level Contributor
1,032 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is your favourite restaurant restaurant and why?

Sugar hut, on the hill, offer good food on a great thai atmosphere, Cabbages and condoms restaurant on Birds and Bees hotel offer great view.

Pattaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Pattaya, Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
7,659 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What is your favourite restaurant restaurant and why?

Da Da's in Tip Plaza is a nice place to have a fruit shake or a cold lager and delicious meal (thai cuisine). I go there quite regularly. :)

Located in Tip Plaza off 2nd Road (Right after Mike's Shopping Mall)

Vancouver
Level Contributor
3,722 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What is your favourite restaurant restaurant and why?

Tom, Pimilan and Britmaveric... Thanks for all your suggestions! I wish I could stay for at least a week so I could have more time to try these places! Will keep a list for my next visit. They all sound so good.

Sugar Hut sounds interesting... as does having a fruit shake at Da Da's. I have noted your comment on Ruen Thai Restaurant, Tomj100... I may check it out and I may not. I probably won't know where i'll eat until I'm there, but it's certainly great to have a list of choices. Nakula Rim Talay sounds good too. i like the idea of eating on the beach...

I'll keep an eye out for the Kiss restaurants too - I imagine I'll be surrounded by lots of interesting places to eat! Guess I'll have to go on a diet when I get home! The airline will probably charge me for access baggage (around my middle!) on the flight home. lol

Merseyside, United...
Level Contributor
1,028 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What is your favourite restaurant restaurant and why?

Just remembered Mum Aroi, its a bit of a trek up Nakula Road, its very big and they advise that you book in advance. I was not that keen and my old fashioned Thai mother in law says its not a restaurant but a factory each time we've been there its been packed with the locals which is usually a good sign, due to the sheer size service can be slow, best for groups I think. They have a smaller restaurant up on Pattaya third road.