We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi fare from Bangkok to Pattaya

bedford
Level Contributor
209 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
taxi fare from Bangkok to Pattaya

How much should a taxi be from the airport to the Citin Resort Hotel or the main resort area?.

Is it better to book transfers before we go or can you get a better price when you arrive at Bangkok ?

How much will it cost for an evening meal.?

Is it better to book an all inclusive package?

Are drinks and wine expensive ?

Many thanks

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
169 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi fare from Bangkok to Pattaya

about 1500 to pattaya

800 baht

plenty of empty taxis back

theres plenty of signs in pattaya

airport 800baht

or emkmai bus station 125 baht xpress bus

meals some 120 baht onwards

all depending where u r

some carts padthai 30 baht $1 aud

beer is cheap in the smaller bar

walking st 4/6 aud a bottle

try find a happy hour bar

wine is not cheap

hope this helps u

Kolkata, India
Level Contributor
243 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi fare from Bangkok to Pattaya

Taxi will cost you around 1000 to 1200 bahts including the highway toll. If it is not going through highway (it takes around 2.5 hrs) then do not pay the toll (it costs around 70 bahts i think).

Meals are cheap in Pattaya, in roadside stalls it will costs you around 50 bahts for a pad fri noddles and a chicken or pork sausage. For good restaurants it is about 150 bahts for a nice meal.

Drinks are not so expensive. Even at 7/11 you will get it at a quite cheap rate, but in go go bars it might be a higher price, still during happy hours one pint beer costs you between 59 to 99 bahts depends on the standard of the bar.

Edited: 02 January 2012, 16:12
Antipodes
Level Contributor
9,919 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taxi fare from Bangkok to Pattaya

Read this page for accurate info about transfer costs and times.

As mentioned above, Pattaya is a foodies heaven. The idea of paying for an all inclusive package is bordering on the bizarre. Just make sure breakfast is included to get you off to a sound start each day.

bedford
Level Contributor
209 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: taxi fare from Bangkok to Pattaya

Re taxi fares : could you please tell me what page I should be reading?

Sorry if I seem stupid!

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
16,996 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: taxi fare from Bangkok to Pattaya

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293919-s301/Pattaya:…

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,691 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: taxi fare from Bangkok to Pattaya

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293919-i9439-k4…

Lancaster...
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: taxi fare from Bangkok to Pattaya

so is it better to ask hotel to pick me up at bkk airport to pattaya ?one hotel said about 1,700 baht or will it be cheaper just to get taxi there ill be ariving 11:30 pm december 25 busy time there .ill need a ride back to bkk from hotel a few days latter.thanks.bill

London, United...
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: taxi fare from Bangkok to Pattaya

Are there any buses from the airport to Pattaya also are they easy to find? I apologise in advance if that's a silly question.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
3,026 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: taxi fare from Bangkok to Pattaya

It's a very good question Danny and maybe you should have started another thread. Depends also what time you arrive at the airport.

I arrived Bangkok airport lunchtime last month wanting a bus to Pattaya. Went to stand 8 and was told all tickets for the next two buses sold out and I would have to wait over 3 hours. I get in the impression at the airport they are all wanting customers/passengers to get a taxi to Pattaya.

In the end I caught ARL into Bangkok to Phaya Thai one stop on BTS to Victory Monument and managed to get a white van to Pattaya

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
16,996 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: taxi fare from Bangkok to Pattaya

Please read the page we've linked to: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293919-s301/Pattaya:…

There are two bus services from Suvarnabhumi Airport to Pattaya: the standard 100 baht intercity buses from the Airport Transportation Center (take the white shuttle bus to get there) and the Bell Transport buses from Level 1, Gate 8. The Bell buses must be reserved ahead on their website: http://www.belltravelservice.com/

In addition, there are vans booked from the transfer desk in Arrivals. It's unnecessary to go all the way into Victory Monument and then sit in a van while it drives past the airport.