We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stamps from 7 Eleven

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
131 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Stamps from 7 Eleven

Hello there does anyone know why, in 7 Eleven stores, they often don't give the collectible stamps that come with non-alcohol purchases to foreigners? I'm guessing that the staff keep them for themselves and think that foreigners don't know about this, but I used to like saving them and giving them to a very nice waitress in a restaurant who was thrilled to stick the stamps in her book and ultimately get a free gift from 7 Eleven.

So really they're not denying me anything, but they are denying a very nice Thai lady.

Garden Cafe
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Cafe, Asian, Thai
Cafe des Amis Fine Dining
₹₹₹₹, Italian, French, European
19 replies to this topic
Prachuap Khiri...
Level Contributor
8,130 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stamps from 7 Eleven

So sexist. Men don't deserve stamps as a tip ....

Florida - Alaska...
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai Province
Level Contributor
7,307 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stamps from 7 Eleven

Life seems to be cruel to you Willy. The clerks always give me the stamps.

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
131 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stamps from 7 Eleven

Mrcycling..once again you failed to read the question properly. I don't personally care about the stamps, I simply wondered why they often (not always) fail to give them. Obviously they give sometimes otherwise how could I have saved them up and given them to a very nice Thai lady who likes to collect them?

Florida - Alaska...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,307 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stamps from 7 Eleven

Willy ... I simply inferred that you have bad luck, nothing more. But you seem to want to argue about some conspiracy you think you are being subjected to and to that I say, how the heck are we to know why some clerks failed to give YOU some stamps. Perhaps your attitude?

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
131 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stamps from 7 Eleven

Wrong again Mrcycling..I have a life blessed by very good fortune. By the way, they are shop assistants/cashiers and not clerks. How can you consider it to be 'bad luck' just because I don't get given a few stamps to which I'm entitled? They're simply denying a very nice Thai lady a small pleasure, that's all.

Please try to read the questions properly and then provide useful answers, or don't bother responding to my questions at all.

Florida - Alaska...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,307 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stamps from 7 Eleven

Cashiers are also called clerks in American English, but I suppose in Pattaya Changlish that might not be proper usage, my apologies. Hopefully someone else can get to the bottom of your 7-11 stamp withholding conspiracy.

Mentioned in this post
Pattaya
Pattaya
Chonburi Province, Thailand
Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
131 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stamps from 7 Eleven

I doubt it's a conspiracy, that's rather over dramatic. I still reckon it's a lame attempt at cheating foreigners, but in this case they're only really cheating one of their own because I give the stamps to a Thai. So in truth I actually have a very nice attitude to the Thais.

Surrey
Destination Expert
for El Gouna
Level Contributor
1,696 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Stamps from 7 Eleven

I always get given the stamps so I’m wondering if it’s the 7-11 you use or do you find this happens in lots of different ones?

Level Contributor
5,964 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Stamps from 7 Eleven

I'm guessing it's because they don't like you. I've always got the stamps no problems.

England, United...
Level Contributor
292 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Stamps from 7 Eleven

Crikey we've never even seen/heard of these stamps on our umpteen visits to 7 Elevens over the years.

Definitely got a complex now!

Reply to: Stamps from 7 Eleven
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted