We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stamps from 7 Eleven

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
131 posts
54 reviews
Stamps from 7 Eleven

Hello there does anyone know why, in 7 Eleven stores, they often don't give the collectible stamps that come with non-alcohol purchases to foreigners? I'm guessing that the staff keep them for themselves and think that foreigners don't know about this, but I used to like saving them and giving them to a very nice waitress in a restaurant who was thrilled to stick the stamps in her book and ultimately get a free gift from 7 Eleven.

So really they're not denying me anything, but they are denying a very nice Thai lady.

19 replies to this topic
Prachuap Khiri...
Level Contributor
8,579 posts
91 reviews
1. Re: Stamps from 7 Eleven

So sexist. Men don't deserve stamps as a tip ....

Florida - Alaska...
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai Province
Level Contributor
8,009 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Stamps from 7 Eleven

Life seems to be cruel to you Willy. The clerks always give me the stamps.

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
131 posts
54 reviews
3. Re: Stamps from 7 Eleven

Mrcycling..once again you failed to read the question properly. I don't personally care about the stamps, I simply wondered why they often (not always) fail to give them. Obviously they give sometimes otherwise how could I have saved them up and given them to a very nice Thai lady who likes to collect them?

Florida - Alaska...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,009 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Stamps from 7 Eleven

Willy ... I simply inferred that you have bad luck, nothing more. But you seem to want to argue about some conspiracy you think you are being subjected to and to that I say, how the heck are we to know why some clerks failed to give YOU some stamps. Perhaps your attitude?

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
131 posts
54 reviews
5. Re: Stamps from 7 Eleven

Wrong again Mrcycling..I have a life blessed by very good fortune. By the way, they are shop assistants/cashiers and not clerks. How can you consider it to be 'bad luck' just because I don't get given a few stamps to which I'm entitled? They're simply denying a very nice Thai lady a small pleasure, that's all.

Please try to read the questions properly and then provide useful answers, or don't bother responding to my questions at all.

Florida - Alaska...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,009 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Stamps from 7 Eleven

Cashiers are also called clerks in American English, but I suppose in Pattaya Changlish that might not be proper usage, my apologies. Hopefully someone else can get to the bottom of your 7-11 stamp withholding conspiracy.

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
131 posts
54 reviews
7. Re: Stamps from 7 Eleven

I doubt it's a conspiracy, that's rather over dramatic. I still reckon it's a lame attempt at cheating foreigners, but in this case they're only really cheating one of their own because I give the stamps to a Thai. So in truth I actually have a very nice attitude to the Thais.

Tadworth, United...
Destination Expert
for El Gouna
Level Contributor
1,759 posts
93 reviews
8. Re: Stamps from 7 Eleven

I always get given the stamps so I’m wondering if it’s the 7-11 you use or do you find this happens in lots of different ones?

Level Contributor
6,261 posts
21 reviews
9. Re: Stamps from 7 Eleven

I'm guessing it's because they don't like you. I've always got the stamps no problems.

England, United...
Level Contributor
313 posts
13 reviews
10. Re: Stamps from 7 Eleven

Crikey we've never even seen/heard of these stamps on our umpteen visits to 7 Elevens over the years.

Definitely got a complex now!

Reply to: Stamps from 7 Eleven
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted