We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Duty Free

Brisbane, Australia
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Duty Free

I am travelling to Ko Samui from Brisbane via Singapore. Can I buy Duty Free in Brisbane or will I have to buy in Singapore.

2 replies to this topic
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
246 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Duty Free

Buy in Brisbane it will be cheaper. Just make sure it’s put in a sealed duty free bag. I’m assuming you’re ticketed all the way through to Samui with Singapore/Silk Air so don’t need to collect bags?

If you do need to collect bags then can just put in suitcase once you have them and check back in (assuming you would have checked luggage).

When you get off the first plane you enter the departure area at Changi. You then go through security at the gate to board for Samui.

Great airport, no stress at all.

Edited: 07 June 2018, 06:03
Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,745 posts
386 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Duty Free

It depends . . . are you in transit [ie don't clear immigration] at Singapore? Are you on one ticket.

Always found duty free prices at Singapore cheaper than Aus! BUT if you see a product buy it when you see it. Just make sure any liquids over 100ml are in sealed customs bag and don't break the seal!

Edited: 07 June 2018, 10:06
Reply to: Duty Free
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted