We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to Conrad resort

Malaysia
Level Contributor
494 posts
24 reviews
Airport to Conrad resort

Hi.

We are arriving in the evening into Ko Samui airport (~9+pm).

What is the best way and reasonably priced way to get from the airport to the Conrad hotel, which is located at the south western tip of the island ?

Would be Ok to simply hail a taxi down at the airport easily ?

Presumably we have to haggle for the price, if so what is the reasonable rate ?

Also, what is the best way to get back to the airport ?

(around noon on a Sunday)

I am trying to avoid having to book a taxi via the hotel as I would most certainly be charged a fortune for that.

Thank.s

8 replies to this topic
Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
2,685 posts
78 reviews
1. Re: Airport to Conrad resort

At Samui airport you have to use their transport service. Taxis are not allowed to pick up inside.

The prices are here https:/…

You can take a private car or a shared minivan.

The prices are set.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
247 posts
145 reviews
2. Re: Airport to Conrad resort

Pre book a driver, usually cheaper than getting a transfer at the airport and they’ll be waiting for you when you arrive.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,774 posts
383 reviews
3. Re: Airport to Conrad resort

When you get to Samui, in the atrirum where there are hotels etc with booths there is a limo service. it is reasonably priced. If you follow the signs to the meeting place then there are 'taxis' there and prices are similar. There are no authorised taxis on the airport site other than the Limo service.

Samui island Explorer may be doing transfers again, so why not google them to ask!

Malaysia
Level Contributor
494 posts
24 reviews
4. Re: Airport to Conrad resort

Got it, thanks all.

I got a quote for THB2k net for a private 2 way transfer between Samui airport and the hotel.

Sounds reasonable ?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
247 posts
145 reviews
5. Re: Airport to Conrad resort

2,000 baht for a return transfer is very good price, Id take it for sure.

LHR
8 posts
1 review
6. Re: Airport to Conrad resort

You may try to us the App " Navigo Thailand" (Formerly Navigo Samui) price will be charged by distance like taxi meter. (Start service is 100 Baht) Use the Promo Code #blanco to get 20% discount on the first ride .

http://navigo-samui-promo-code.blogspot.com

Malaysia
Level Contributor
494 posts
24 reviews
7. Re: Airport to Conrad resort

Thanks usmcare.

Do I need to input my credit card details when registering for an account ?

Not sure how safe my card details will be.

Also, would you know how much a normal taxi may cost between :

- Conrad hotel and Nathon

- Conrad hotel and Lamai/Chaweng ?

Thanks.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
247 posts
145 reviews
8. Re: Airport to Conrad resort

Just bear in mind with Navigo there aren’t a huge amount of drivers available so there may not be a driver nearby when you land meaning you’ll potentially have to wait around or worst case end up getting an airport transfer. Much better for arrival especially later at night to have it pre booked.

You’ll also struggle with NaviGo from Conrad in my experience unless you’re prepared to wait a long time for pick up. I often stay down that end of the island and have never been able to get a NaviGo down there. Much better chances if in the busier areas of the island.

Reply to: Airport to Conrad resort
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted