We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 month accommodations in December or January

Level Contributor
81 posts
1 review
1 month accommodations in December or January

Hi All. My wife and I are in our mid 50s and have travelled to many countries for one month periods (Phuket, Vietnam, Cambodia, Malaysia and Singapore). Most trips have been touring around from city to city meaning we never really stayed at one hotel or apartment or homestay longer than 7-8 days. We want to come to Chiang Mai and stay there for a month and enjoy the area and stay at one "apartment" type place where we do our cooking, cleaning, etc. ourselves. We would love to keep to a budget of less than $800 USD and want a 2 bedroom with a pool close to markets, in a safe and clean area. Is this price doable or do we need to spend more. We play tennis and golf and would like to spend some time on these activities. Need parking for a scooter as well. Please provide some recommendations with links to websites and pricing. Thanks in advance

2 replies to this topic
Ireland
Level Contributor
4,671 posts
527 reviews
1. Re: 1 month accommodations in December or January

This is approx 25k baht. It is possible to get a two bedroom at that rate on a long term rent - but hard on a short - and defo not over Dec/Jan/Feb

I rent a large 2 bedroom apt in the floral on a short term rate of about 30k a week that time of year (its a large penthouse - but it is indicitive of the prices that time of year)

Either drop to a 1 bed - or increase your budget

I would start with AirBNB

Edited: 08 June 2018, 20:47
Ireland
Level Contributor
4,671 posts
527 reviews
2. Re: 1 month accommodations in December or January

Try contacting hillside 4 as well. they have several condos for rent in the block. There is a 90sqm configuration that goes at about 22k longterm

Reply to: 1 month accommodations in December or January
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted