We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Search for Miang Kham

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
16 posts
14 reviews
Search for Miang Kham

Craving for miang kham and have searched all over the internet for a good place in Chiang Mai to no avail. The search took me to Khaomao Kaofang but we're hesitant to go bc of mixed reviews. Anyone had any luck with thus dish here in CM? Would appreciate leads.

5 replies to this topic
Florida - Alaska...
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai Province
Level Contributor
8,050 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Search for Miang Kham

It is more a food you find in fresh food markets (Wararos, Chiang Mai Gate, etc) or sometimes at the walking street markets, not in sit down restaurants.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,345 posts
25 reviews
2. Re: Search for Miang Kham

I’d not seen that before. Looks tasty.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
2,532 posts
59 reviews
3. Re: Search for Miang Kham

Gee...I have eaten this twice recently in different restaurants and for the life of me my memory lets me down at present. If it comes to mind I will post a reply.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Mae Hong Son
Level Contributor
1,222 posts
37 reviews
4. Re: Search for Miang Kham

This place (Baan Kub Doi) has really nice miang kham with fried fish, which is sort of different. It's on the canal road, just before the convention centre:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Revie…

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
16 posts
14 reviews
5. Re: Search for Miang Kham

Thanks for the tips! We unfortunately left CM without finding miang kham. Tried the night food markets outside old town but no luck.

Hopefully we can try Baan Kub Doi when we go back!

Reply to: Search for Miang Kham
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted