We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

55 inch LED tv

Pune, India
1 post
Save Topic
55 inch LED tv

Dear all,

I am going to bangkok next month and I want to get LG LED TV 55 inch, 55LM6700. The price in India is 1,55,000 INR. Now I want to search the price in bangkok for the same but I am little confuse about the duty when I will return back to Calcutta airport.

Can anybody give me the idea about customs and clearance duty for the same ?

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,373 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 55 inch LED tv

Use the search button at the top. TV's have been covered many times from Indian posters.

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
10,024 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 55 inch LED tv

If somebody started making tv's in India, they would make a fortune :)

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 55 inch LED tv

It is my sincere request to people that if they do not have any useful advice to give , please ignore the post instead of making fun.

There are a lot of things that can be said about England too.

If indians do buy TV from bangkok there isn't anything wrong in it. It helps the economy of the country where they buy it from and they appreciate it.

Tata from India bought Jaguar from England too to help their economy. Please refrain from making remarks.

-

Regards

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
3,039 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 55 inch LED tv

I do not feel that jaynewcastle11 has made fun of anyone.

BUT anyone asking Question, should search for earlier posts, rather than asking here.

Basically Indian people buy because of high rate difference between India and Bangkok.

Regarding buying and price, you can contact SINGH ELECTRONICS Near Baiyoke Sky Hotel, Indra Market Phone: 00- 86-903-1356 . I have purchased from them and are quite reliable.

"Can anybody give me the idea about customs and clearance duty for the same ?"

Better to contact India customs.

My experience is that they take some small duty and allow it. For an 55" LED TV, it might incur about INR 10000 or more.

Edited: 30 March 2013, 18:10
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
14,716 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 55 inch LED tv

Those of us who have spent some time on this forum have read endless numbers of "I wanna TV" posts, from single post India "members". They are often, Where?", "How much?""Hop to it!", with absolutely no courtesies.

So, when we see another, for the umpteenth time, some tell the poster to bug off, some make a nasty remark, and some fire off some humor.

I, also, once suggested that someone in India start a Bangkok-to-India TV facilitation business, pretty much the same as the "offending" poster.

The bottom line is that most of us here don't shop such items, nor do we pack them off to India. And, the cold reality is that all the many one post wonders, who ask this question, bag their TV and disappear, never to return to actually be in a position to answer this question.

oldham, manchester
Level Contributor
179 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 55 inch LED tv

How on earth do you get the tv on the plane home :o

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
14,716 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 55 inch LED tv

Thanks danandnat ! Now they are going to ask us how to get it home !!! Maybe they will ask the dimensions of the box!

In a way, that is what this poster is asking. He says he will actually " ...search the price in bangkok", but wants to know customs and clearance formalities. This is a question for one of the many that came here, asked the questions, got the answers and then disappeared.

Since it is EXTREMELY rare to find deals on electronics here, it wouldn't surprise me if the whole thing isn't some kind of Indian urban legend. Then again, with all the bogus Indian tailor shops, maybe someone is trying similar scams with TVs. "I know it doesn't say "LG" on the front; but, it's got "LG" guts!"

Here is my suggestion, and I'm being dead serious. Why not ask one of those people who planted the "cheap TV in Bangkok" idea in your heads?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,382 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 55 inch LED tv

I'd love to know how many of these tv's make it to India still in one piece.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
14,716 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 55 inch LED tv

We'll never know ... no one ever follows up.

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: 55 inch LED tv

Mr OctoberSix,

"BUT anyone asking Question, should search for earlier posts, rather than asking here." ... I agree with you on this BUT what I said is that if SOMEONE doesn't even have this to say to the poster they can easily ignore the post... is it that difficult ???????

"The bottom line is that most of us here don't shop such items, nor do we pack them off to India. And, the cold reality is that all the many one post wonders, who ask this question, bag their TV and disappear, never to return to actually be in a position to answer this question."....... Regarding this : If you do not shop these or pack them to India better stay quiet !!.... very difficult ????? Also, you can not expect every poster to be as nice as you to come back and help... thats a reality... only may be 10% poster on ANY forum are really as helpful... and its a shame... but still you can not make fun of entire community because of that... infact when you help you need to keep this in mind that there will be a majority who will not even return to say thanks leave alone coming back to help... Thats reality.... but DO NOT make specific mention that they are only Indian TV buyers.... I see a lot more.

"Now they are going to ask us how to get it home !!! Maybe they will ask the dimensions of the box!"... Even if they do ask and you have no idea.... AGAIN... can you please skip the question !!! Please !!!!