We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bangkok to Phuket - transfer time.....

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
175 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Bangkok to Phuket - transfer time.....

Hi,

I'm flying from Melbourne to Bangkok, then Bangkok on to Phuket, both with Thai Air, however I've booked each leg separately (in order to have some flexibility on my way home).

I only have just over two hours between landing and catching my next flight, and I assume that I'll have to clear immigration and customs and collect my luggage before checking in to the next flight (as opposed to staying in transit). Do you think this will be manageable within my time frame? Am slightly worried.....any advice will be much appreciated!

Cheers :-)

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bangkok to Phuket - transfer time.....

Even though you've booked them separately, you can request a through at check-in, meaning your bags will go to Phuket and you will go through immigration in the transit lounge in Bangkok. But this depends on the check in staff at Melbourne.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
175 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bangkok to Phuket - transfer time.....

Oh great, thankyou that's good to know. Was hoping there might be a way we could stay in transit, would be so much easier than rushing around in a panic!

Cheers :-)

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
2,974 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bangkok to Phuket - transfer time.....

Take a fast track visa whcih will be THB 1200.

Also take a printout of Visa On Arrival application form and keep everything ready inclding pasting the photo, so that your time is not wasted.

…blogspot.com/-3TLV23bBti0/UBbFHrLGUII/AAAAA…

But I am not sure if the print out we take are allowed. Maybe someone will throw light on this.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
175 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bangkok to Phuket - transfer time.....

Thankyou Sanjeev, that's really helpful of you. Although I had assumed that as an Australian, and staying for less than two weeks, I'd be eligible for a Tourist Visa Exemption. Am I wrong?

London, United...
Level Contributor
111 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bangkok to Phuket - transfer time.....

Not wrong..

www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php…

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bangkok to Phuket - transfer time.....

You don't need a Visa as an Australian.

7. Re: Bangkok to Phuket - transfer time.....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2013, 14:48