We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to visit in and around Bangkok - have 4 full days

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
68 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Places to visit in and around Bangkok - have 4 full days

I would be travelling with my husband to Bangkok in May first week and we have full 4 days there. Please suggest places in and around the city to cover in 4 days. We also intend to shop so would want to keep a day or two free for shopping.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to visit in and around Bangkok - have 4 full days

Please read through the Top Questions on the right, which include FAQs on shopping, and what to see and do.

Edited: 01 March 2012, 18:58
Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
137 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to visit in and around Bangkok - have 4 full days

Here is a plan:

Day one: Take a Tourist boat and explore must see places like Grand Palace, Temples and have a leisurely lunch.

Evening: See Siam Niramit

Day Two:

Full day at Safari World

Evening:

Dinner at Face or similar Restaurant for gala dinner.

Day Three:

If it is a Saturday go to Chatuchak Market.

Evening: Traditional massage and Indian dinner

Day four:

Siam Paragon - oceanworld, 4D movie etc

Evening: shopping at MBK and nearby malls.

Hope this helps.

Raj

Edited: 01 March 2012, 20:08
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
29,588 posts
1,284 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to visit in and around Bangkok - have 4 full days

Hi,

1)Taking a longboat down the Chao Phraya River is a fabulous way to see & experience Bangkok.

One can use the long tail boats as a hop on/ hop off system to visit and see the major historical sites along the river - the Grand Palace,Wat Arun Temple,Wat Pho (The Temple of the reclining Buddah) and Wat Phra Khaew(Temple of the Emerald Buddah)

2) Jim Thompson House can be located in the heart of Bangkok directly opposite the National Station on Rama 1 Road. Daily opening hours 9am - 5pm with the last tour at 5pm. Its strictly guided tours only & you have to take your shoes off when viewing the inside on the house. Cost 100Baht. There is a small cafe & shop were one can have lunch or buy some beautiful Jim Thompson silk items.

3) Day Tours - Ayutthay - Ancient City & Summer Palace. The Summer Palace is the summer residence for the Royal family of Thailand.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
68 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Places to visit in and around Bangkok - have 4 full days

Thanks Raj! That was indeed a helpful piece of information. Will definitely try to cover the places you mentioned. I was also wondering if I could go to Ko Samet for a day. Is it worth spending a day there?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
8,523 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Places to visit in and around Bangkok - have 4 full days

Have a look on one of the guides web sites they might give you some additional ideas about what can be seen in a set period of time.

If I was on my first visit to Bangkok and only here for 4 days I think I would be inclined to do at least 1 possibly 2 days with a guide to get round as much as possible before having a couple of days just wandering/shopping etc.

I would definately also do an evening dinner cruise to see the city lit up at night which gives you a different perspecive of Bangkok, and I would also factor in a couple of hours maybe before or after a dinner cruise to have a roam around China town.

Amman, Jordan
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Places to visit in and around Bangkok - have 4 full days

Dear ...

I have also a trip to Thailand but I would stay only two nights in Bangkok. Could you please advice me to some attractive places to visit?

Thanks a lot

Mohanad

Edited: 30 January 2013, 01:10
Amman, Jordan
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Places to visit in and around Bangkok - have 4 full days

Dear ...

I have also a trip to Thailand but I would stay only two nights in Bangkok. Could you please advice me to some attractive places to visit?

Thanks a lot

Mohanad

Colorado
Level Contributor
191 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Places to visit in and around Bangkok - have 4 full days

I like the longboat idea. Is the longboat the same as the ferries with the colored flags? Or is it something you hire privately off of the docks?

thanks,

Charlotte

Joseph, Oregon
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Places to visit in and around Bangkok - have 4 full days

Just wanted to throw in a "check the faq section on the right" comment. I heard that's the best way to inflate the 'ol post tally.

London, United...
Level Contributor
12,911 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Places to visit in and around Bangkok - have 4 full days

Moh665,

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293916-c125983/Bangk…