We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sukhumvit to Chatuchak Weekend Market?

Michigan
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Topic
Sukhumvit to Chatuchak Weekend Market?

I'm trying to get all the directions of the different places I want to go to while in Bangkok from the people on this forum. I know you will give me the easiest and fastest way around.

I will be staying on Soi 2 in Sukhumvit and want to get to the Chatuchak Weekend Market by the easiest and fastest way, of course.

So far I got directions to the Grand Palace and China Town, just asked for Erawan Shrine and this one. Tomorrow, I will think of a few more. Thanks for everyone who took the time to help me out, I really appreciate it.

wassala

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
5,895 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sukhumvit to Chatuchak Weekend Market?

Easiest and fastest. Get on the BTS and go all the way to MO-CHIT. Get off walk a few hundred meters and you are there.

2nd easiest and fastest.Get on BTS to ASOKE, swith to MRT and get of at KHAMPENG PHET, exit right outside jatujak

Coolangatta...
Level Contributor
1,925 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Sukhumvit to Chatuchak Weekend Market?

Jump on the Skytrain, get off at Mo Chit station and have fun spending your money.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
557 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sukhumvit to Chatuchak Weekend Market?

Go to Sukhumvit Road and make a left. Walk to the first BTS Station (Pleonchit Station). Buy a ticket for Morchit (You will actually have to press the number six on the ticket machine and it will cost 40THB - unless they raise the price before you get here. BTW, the machine only takes coins so if you don't have enough, go to the cash window first to get your change). Take the BTS nine stops to Morchit Station (the last station). All together it should take about 20 minutes at most on the train. If you look out the left side of the train as you approach morchit, you'll see all the tin rooves of Chatuchak. When you exit the train you'll have to walk back about 100 meters or so.

I think it was Dragonc that mentioned the subway. Actually, I like that route better only because you enter from household goods side. From the BTS, you will probably see clothing first. By the time you get past that section, it will be getting later, hotter and more crowded. I used to always miss the good stuff on the household and art side because I was too sweaty and hot to continue shopping.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
14,417 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sukhumvit to Chatuchak Weekend Market?

I prefer the MRT to Kamphaengphet. This actually lets you out inside the market.

As far as Erawan goes, get off the BTS at Chitlom and walk west on the Skywalk. This will keep you above in incense cloud!

5. Re: Sukhumvit to Chatuchak Weekend Market?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2010, 11:47