We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights to Bangkok

London, England
Level Contributor
45 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Flights to Bangkok

Hi all

I'm planning a trip to Thailand this year and wondered if anyone can recommend a good airline to fly with?

My boyfriend gets really claustrophobic on flights and he wants to fly first class although I'm not convinced on spending double the money for a little extra... so if anyone can suggest a good airline to fly economy with I would be really grateful!

Thanks in advance!

Eileen

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
1,013 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights to Bangkok

Try EVA Air and book Elite or Evergreen Class depending on aircraft. This is a premium economy class with business class type seats.

Boston, United...
Level Contributor
331 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights to Bangkok

Eileen,

you're going to get lot's of opinions on which is best so my suggestion is to look at the seatmaps for the aircraft different airlines use on this route,you'll find them on either "seatexpert" or "SeatGuru" websites.My personal preference is to fly a B747(jumbo) rather than the 777 some airlines use.

Harry

Scotland
Level Contributor
124 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights to Bangkok

I paid £2k for Business Class flights with Etihad through Airline Network. Economy was £750 each so not that much more. You also get fully flat beds.

Its a surprise for my husband going Business Class so looking forward to us getting to the airport and telling him!

London, United...
Level Contributor
92 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights to Bangkok

He might guess before you get to the airport! If you go business with Etihad they provide a car to pick you up from home to Heathrow!

London
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights to Bangkok

If you can afford business class with Qatar airways you will never want to fly economy again! Their service is amazing and although their chairs do not lie fully flat they are so comfortable and you have so much room to yourself that it's almost like chilling out on your sofa at home! Also their food is amazing and once you land you almost don't want to get off the plane!

I flew with them many times with work and only wish I could afford to fly with them every time I travel!

America
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Flights to Bangkok

Not sure about the UK, but in the US the only carrier I will fly to Thailand is Thai airways, reason being is that they are the only airways that has a nonstop flight from LAX to Bangkok.

New York City
Level Contributor
101 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flights to Bangkok

I don't know about flying from GB but from New York I always fly Thai. The economy seats are not at all bad - much better than most airlines -- but the one time I used points to upgrade to business was absolute HEAVEN!

Good and plentiful food, wine, great selection of films on personal video in all classes.

In business, you can stretch all the way out and lie down, you get chic toiletries in a cute case, etc. all the usual amenities.

I have also flown Japan Air and Korean Air among others and found both pretty good but nothing beats the direct flight to Bangkok on Thai.

west yorkshire
Level Contributor
453 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flights to Bangkok

We flew with Qatar in July and found them to be really good although I have heard Thai Air is the best

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,385 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flights to Bangkok

I've used KLM a couple of times and they were pretty good.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
364 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Flights to Bangkok

Emirates offer a good sevice as well if you don't mind a stop for a few hours in Dubai....

We have used them in 2006 and 07 and have not had any problems at all...excellent service, food, cabin crew etc etc....

Worth considering as it breaks the flight up if you other half is claustrophobic..

-James.