We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Changing GBP

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
91 posts
14 reviews
Changing GBP

I am staying in the centara watergate near platinum mall, I was planing on bringing GBP to change into baht, where is the best place to change?

3 replies to this topic
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
7,025 posts
276 reviews
1. Re: Changing GBP

First change some at the airport.

In the basement level; 2 levels down from Arrivals level, near Airport Rail Link.

Good rates can be found at Super Rich & ValuPlus.

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for Brooklyn
Level Contributor
20,506 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Changing GBP

^

+1

Then you have various options in central Bangkok:

Super Rich location right near your hotel.

Super Rich at the Nana and ASok BTS stations.

Vasu on Soi 7 1/2 Sukhumvit.

Super Rich in Central World.

There may be one on Khao San Road or in that area...I forget.

There are also exchange places all along Sukhumvit from Asok to Nana. In malls. All over.

Make sure you have at least a copy of your passport when you go to exchange currency.

Edited: 17 October 2018, 03:40
Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
18,706 posts
3. Re: Changing GBP

You change a little at the airport so you can pay for your taxi ride or Rail Link from the airport. If you have not read up on how to use meter taxis yet - do it before needing one!

Take the time to read up on changing money. Many of the posts concern changing money at the airport and in the city. (Some of the posts mention no old money, no stains or writing on the bills and no dirt.) Maybe don't bother with the smaller denominations so you save room in your wallet.

Good luck.

Reply to: Changing GBP
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted