We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Urgent. Transfer at DMK to phuket. Less time.

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Urgent. Transfer at DMK to phuket. Less time.

Hi there.

Reaching DMK airport at morning 0500 hrs from air asia cityflyer airlines. Need to take visa on arrival at DMK. After that i have a connecting flight to Phuket at 0750 hrs from DMK of same air asia cityflyer. I am travelling from India.

1. I am now worried by hearing that huge lines at Visa on arrival counter?? Do i hv sufficient time to catch next flight.

2. Do i need to collect luggage at DMK or it will be directly transferred to phuket?

3. How much time for visa at DMK?

4. Do i need to change any building to catch flights from international to domestic ??

Pls help as i am travelling next week.

Rgd

Mentioned in this post
Don Muang Airport
Don Muang Airport
Bangkok, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
4 replies to this topic
Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Urgent. Transfer at DMK to phuket. Less time.

Also,can i take visa on arrival at phuket int. Airport??

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
375 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Urgent. Transfer at DMK to phuket. Less time.

VOA must be taken at first point of entry DMK. Consider applying for tourist visa in India before you travel.

Thane, India
Level Contributor
813 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Urgent. Transfer at DMK to phuket. Less time.

Hey Ankit.. If you have time then better to take Visa here in India itself. It takes around4 working days toobtain a visa after submission of application with necessary documents.

If you are going for VOA then you have to take Visa at you first point of entry i.e Bangkok. Regarding luggage you can ask the person when you receive it in India. I guess you will get it directly at your destination. The que at VOA counter depends on the number of flights landing at that Airport at a given point of time. In first week of May, 2018 I experienced a que of only 4 passengers ahead of me. Some of tourists have mentioned a time of 2 hrs also.

Good Luck

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
22,288 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Urgent. Transfer at DMK to phuket. Less time.

Hi Ankitb

Because you have to get your VOA in Bangkok. I think you are right to be worried about missing your onward flight. It all depends on how many flights arrive at a similar time as to how long that process would take.

The best thing for you to do is to arrange your visa through the Thai Embassy in Delhi before you travel. it will also be cheaper. Shame that you didn’t think of this earlier when you would have had plenty of time to get your visa at home. Now you will have to act quickly and hope you can get it in time.

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Reply to: Urgent. Transfer at DMK to phuket. Less time.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted