We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 Days Trip: Bangkok - Pattaya - Phuket (Suggestions Needed)

Chennai, India
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Topic
7 Days Trip: Bangkok - Pattaya - Phuket (Suggestions Needed)

Hello all,

I'm planning for a 7 days trip with 5 lovely friends of mine between March 26th and 2nd April. I'm a first time traveller to Thailand, whilst I'm going through various threads in this forums and FAQ, I'd be delighted if someone can pour in suggestions based on my plan.

The plan I have in mind is simple, I'm looking to spend 2 days in each of the place (Bangkok, Pattaya & Phuket) before heading back to home on April 2nd night. I need suggestion in 3 places:

1) Order of Travel: I'll be landing in Suvarnabhumi Intl' Airport at early hours (3 AM) on 27th March 2012. I'm thinking if I should head to Pattaya for first 2 days and then next 2 days to Phuket before spending last 2 days at Bangkok. From what I understand, Pattaya is 150 KMs from Bangkok Airport, so I thought it would be good thing to spend time there and then head to Phuket. Kindly suggest me how to manage my order of visit.

Is there a flight service from Pattaya to Phuket or should I come back to BKK and take a flight to Phuket? What's the best way to travel to Pattaya from BKK? I understand Bus travel is cost effective, can I hire a car service for 6 persons, I thought that would still make it a smart choice and still enjoy the ride in group.

2) Accommodation: We're not fussy about staying at the best place as we would like to spend most of our time outside than staying back at hotel. Can you recommend what would be the good-cost effective stay for 6 persons? We're open to any suggestions, I've heard about villas and serviced apartments. Are they a good choice for 2 nights stay and how do we go about in researching on it? I'd like to choose a same plan for all the three places (Bangkok-Pattaya-Phuket) we visit.

3) Places to Explore: I'm quite aware there are so much to do in the three places I've selected. What I wanted to know is if there are any other closer islands and cities we can cover during our 2 days stay in each place? We love being close to nature and extreme sports, shopping, temples, wildlife and best tourist attractions. Please suggest places of interest among these areas.

Thanks a lot in advance and I look forward to a fun loving time during our first visit to Thailand. Please feel free to suggest difference places than what I've suggested here, we just want to have the most memorable time in Thailand.

Cheers

Edited: 13 February 2012, 02:44
25 replies to this topic
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 7 Days Trip: Bangkok - Pattaya - Phuket (Suggestions Needed)

1. Personally I would drop one of your two beach resorts. In 7 days there is very little time to see much of one place, never mind three.

To answer your questions under 1. yes you can fly Pattaya to Phuket but there are far more flights and airlines flying from Bangkok Airport which is only about 1.5 hours or less from Pattaya.

From Bangkok airport I'd suggest using the AOT Limo service in the arrivals hall, or contact a company like Oriental Escapes, which also provide transfer services.

2. In Bangkok there are a large number of serviced apartments - Ablooms, Bally's, Centrepoint, Chatrium Suites, etc. In Pattaya such places are available but less common, while short term holiday lets in apartments can be found. Phuket is a large island with dozens of resort (the main one being Patong), so you'd need to decide where to stay before thinking about the actual hotel.

3. Yes there are cities and islands closeby each place, but as I said, in 7 days you'll hardly have time to see one place properly, without thinking about adding more places. It is already a big rush and doing more will just mean wasted time travelling from one place to another with very little actual enjoyment time.

Chennai, India
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 7 Days Trip: Bangkok - Pattaya - Phuket (Suggestions Needed)

Hi Tony,

Thanks a lot for your detailed suggestion, appreciate it. I know a week to cover 3 places is too much to ask for, but I'm not looking into exploring the entire place of visit in detail. I'm trying to spend 1 day to explore the nearby place and next day to see any entertainment play (Pattaya) or try extreme sports (Phuket) or some shopping (Bangkok). I hope what I'm saying, make sense.

AOT Limo Service: I googled a bit and found that they are regulated for Thailand tourism board and service 24 hours. Any idea about the rate on a weekday for 6 persons traveling in early hours (5-6 AM)? I believe I should opt for a mini-van or something for 6 persons based on types of car and seating capacity info available at Oriental Escapes website.

2) Thanks for the suggestion in Bangkok's serviced apartments and resort at Phuket. I'll do some research on them and finalise my plans.

3) Like I mentioned earlier, I'm not trying to complete the entire place in 2 days of my stay, and I know that isn't possible. Even if I can cover major places, I can always leave the rest for my next trip.

Thanks again for suggestions, I'll revert back should I have any further questions.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 7 Days Trip: Bangkok - Pattaya - Phuket (Suggestions Needed)

Oriental Escapes is THB 2,300 ( approx 75 ), so for 6 of you that is pretty good.

orientalescape.com/thailand/…bangkok.html

They operate 24/7

I very much doubt if the airport limo service would be as cheap as that, and Oriental Escapes provide a top quality service.

You will find Pattaya area a great deal cheaper than Phuket, also it is very cheap to get from place to place. You can do Flight of the gibbons, all kind of adventure sports etc.

Ivinay - read this thread, it has so much information and tips for Pattaya I think you will find it interesting as covers similar timed Bangkok + Pattaya trip with lots of links and tips

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293919-i9439-k494…

This is quite a good video which gives you an idea of what to see and do

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICOdLY27cPQ

Edited: 13 February 2012, 16:57
Chennai, India
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: 7 Days Trip: Bangkok - Pattaya - Phuket (Suggestions Needed)

Hi Monica,

Thanks a lot for the tip. I'm going ahead with Oriental Escapes for Airport Transfer. I have also blocked accommodation on all three cities (Pattaya - Phuket - Bangkok). My initial plans were to leave to Phuket on 29th March and return to Bangkok by 31st March by flight, to my disappoint AirAsia has no flight scheduled (or sold out) on 31st March 2012 from Phuket to Bangkok. Thai Airways sounds way expensive. Is there any alternative that I can opt for? Nok Airways don't have flights on the day too. Is Train/Bus worth going, from what I understand it's a 12 hours journey to Bangkok. What's your opinion?

If this doesn't work, I have to travel first to Phuket and then to Pattaya. Any suggestions on this regard would be of great help.

Thanks

Ulhasnagar...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: 7 Days Trip: Bangkok - Pattaya - Phuket (Suggestions Needed)

I'm planning for a 9 days trip with 25 people of mine between May 26th and 3rd June. as we are in group of 25 people we will book a flight from mumbai and we have to enjoy all three places like Bangkok, Phuket and Pattaya and we require some suggestions from you where to accomodate, how to travel from bangkok to phuket and than pataya

waiting for your reply

Chennai, India
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: 7 Days Trip: Bangkok - Pattaya - Phuket (Suggestions Needed)

Hi Monisha,

I'd suggest you goto Swasdee http://www.sawasdee.com/ for hotel/accommodation suggestion. You can also try your hands with Agoda and Booking.com but Swasdee has great deals all the time and we found ours through that.

For flights from Bangkok to Phuket, take AirAsia as I doubt any other airways can match their low-cost fare. You can also try out with Orient Thai Airways. If you're travelling to Pattaya from Bangkok, try with bus. We discounted Pattay off our trip for saving travel time between the three places. We reached Bangkok and then took a flight to Phuket and have been loving our last 24 hours!

Let me know if you want any help.

Cheers

ludhiana
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: 7 Days Trip: Bangkok - Pattaya - Phuket (Suggestions Needed)

hi, & hello to all, i am just confused with my itinerary for seven nights trip to thailand, between 19 june to 26 june, if anyone experienced suggests me a good budget plan includes two days for shopping in bangkok , thanks in advance

Australia
Level Contributor
34 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 7 Days Trip: Bangkok - Pattaya - Phuket (Suggestions Needed)

Hi, I go to Phuket regularly and just went to Pattaya for the first time- what a dump - unless you are going there for unsavoury reasons or don't have time to go to Phuket, it is truly without beauty. Stay Nakula Bay Sheraton (not budget) but not the main beach - yuk! I would suggest weekend - JJ's markets - you will need a full day and someone to carry your shopping. Go early and don't think of going back for something later - buy it as you may never find it again.

I also shop at Patpong Night markets -for bags only in the shops along the right side as you look from the front and the shops behind the old Thai Airways - hard to find. MBK if you still need something or Central is new & also has upmarket stores. flights are cheap - perhaps BKK and Koh Samui?

Jaipur
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: 7 Days Trip: Bangkok - Pattaya - Phuket (Suggestions Needed)

I am going bangkok for 6 days, i want to go Pattaya , phuket and bangkok by bus from bangkok airport.

Should i go first Pattaya and Phuket and last phuket to bangkok.

What the bus schedule and cost, bus is sleeper or Seat

Can you suggest me the best route and plan my trip

Thanks

Mumbai, India
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: 7 Days Trip: Bangkok - Pattaya - Phuket (Suggestions Needed)

Hi

I am planning to visit Bangkok pattaya and phuket in march last week.. we are 2-3 friends. and planing to go for 6 days.. Make my trip quoted 32 k and yatra 35 k... they are covering air fair and stay and half day tour to bangkok and koral iland tour in pattaya and half day tour in phuket..

can you suggest some best places to visit in all the destinations and also would it be good if we try to include that in our package or we should explore it by our self after going there.

please advice...

Reply to: 7 Days Trip: Bangkok - Pattaya - Phuket (Suggestions Needed)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted