We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sawadee.com Reliable???

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
233 posts
Sawadee.com Reliable???

Hi There,

I earlier in the evening I booked a beach front bungalow for our family at Ayara Villas in Khao Lak via Sawadee.com . About 45min after I booked the room and paid my deposit, I received an email from the villas telling me that they didn't have any rooms of any kind available for our time period on the days we wanted, I had been emailing them directly for 3 days. I booked the room within about 20 min of receiving the offer from sawadee.com, so I doubt the bungalows would all sell out that fast. Now I am curious if Sawadee.com is reputable or if I just lost my 5000BHT deposit. Does anyone have experiance with them? I am seen them all over but now I am worried I was just scammed.

Or is it that the Villas and locations like them block a certain amount of rooms for online bookings only so when people call them directly they say that they are booked?

I am very concerned, please put me at ease.

Thanks,

Angela :)

Kanazawa, Japan
Level Contributor
3,920 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Sawadee.com Reliable???

Sawadee.com is reliable. They don't take your credit card info even until they tell you if what you requested is available or not. If you book and pay your deposit your room is secure...I've actually not heard of very many problems with them at all.

Are you saying that you also inquired directly with the hotel in addition to with sawadee.com? If so, it is entirely possible that for direct booking the hotel is sold out because they have just booked the last room of the type you want to you via sawadee.com, or they have blocks of rooms that are not booked but are already sold to wholesalers.

You should be able to confirm your sawadee booking with the hotel once you have paid in full, or maybe even with just a deposit. But I wouldn't worry too much because your initial request goes to the hotel, hotel replies, you then have a few days to pay deposit or lose the reservation. Sawadee.com wouldn't have given you an option to pay were there not a room.

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
233 posts
2. Re: Sawadee.com Reliable???

Thanks Fish2,

You always seem to come to my rescue. Thanks so much!!

Yes, I did make an inital couple inquiries directly with the hotel. Your explaination makes sense. Thanks again!!

Angela

Sydney
Level Contributor
284 posts
18 reviews
3. Re: Sawadee.com Reliable???

Hi Angela

If it eases your mind I have used Sawadee.com on number of occassions and have never had a problem. In fact a similar thing happened with my booking in Krabi. Fom the hotel direct I was advised they didn't have pool access villas, but via Sawaee.com I was able to book one !

If you have questions, email them. They are usually pretty responsive.

Good luck !

New Zealand
Level Contributor
92 posts
1 review
4. Re: Sawadee.com Reliable???

Hi Angela

i used Sawadee to book 3 of the 5 hotels we used for a 3 week trip in april and may this year.I had no trouble with my bookings just showed the confirmation email at checkin and everything was fine.One hotel I wanted to book they confirmed and asked for a deposit which I paid.The next day I recieved an email from them saying there was a problem and that they hadnt charged my credit card.This turned out to be correct and I then booked another hotel in the same area through them.I would recomend them and will be booking a hotel through them for my next trip in october.Hope this helps to put your mind at ease.If you are still not sure give it a few days and then contact the hotel to confirm if your booking has been made.

Kevin

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
6 reviews
5. Re: Sawadee.com Reliable???

Hi Angela, We used Sawadee for 2 out of 5 hotels during our trip in April and they were very helpful and reliable ( I dec no of nights at 1 hotel and had to cancel another and they transferred the deposit from the canceled one to the other booking I requested them to). Our bookings were all honoured at the hotels without any hassles. Maybe the hotel was answering your previous email and Sawadee had secured a room from their listings. I had trouble dealing directly with a hotel in Phuket (had booked and paid the total cost up front 2 months prior), I emailed a question to them re the room and they rang me and said I had no booking. Upon further inquiry, I was still told I had no booking even though I told them room was paid for. I asked for a refund of my money and informed them I no longer wanted to stay there and later on the same day, they sent an email saying my booking was found. Too late as I had re booked somewhere else with Sawadee.

Lee

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
233 posts
6. Re: Sawadee.com Reliable???

Hey There,

So, I wake up this morning and there is an email in my inbox from Sawadee telling me that one of the staff at the hotel made a mistake and our room wasn't in fact available. Good news, we didn't get there with two small children and not have a place to stay, bad news we don't have our beach front room and I need to start all over again. I am SOOOO BOTHERED right now.

They offered us a sea view bungalow (with no "I'm sorry, I messed up perks or discounts"), my concern is that I hear they are small. Has anyone had experiance at Ayara Villas? My other option would be a sea view tree house at the Similana Resort. Or does anyone know of a quiet little resort that might suit us?

Any help would be great.

Angela :(

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
233 posts
7. Re: Sawadee.com Reliable???

One other thought, I don't have a specific preference as to where we stay on the island. I just don't want it too busy and it needs to have a nice streach of sandy beach. I would even be interested in a vacation rental by owner.

Ugh...

Angela

Asia
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
8. Re: Sawadee.com Reliable???

As Fish so rightly pointed out, when you make a request with Sawadee that request goes 'direct' to the hotel, the hotel then either confirms or not and based upon that Sawadee advises you.

I have never had a single problem in years and years, forgeting my confirmation wasn't even the slightest problem, changing dates, room type is fine as long as the hotel agrees.

If a hotel employee made a slip up that if unfortunate, but things like that can happen, I would not worry, if they can find you an alternative they will tranfer that deposit across, if they can't help they will credit you instantly, but in the short time frame you are talking about they probably have not even charged yet.

I would not worry, they are very good indeed.

9. Re: Sawadee.com Reliable???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 23:48