We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling with a toddler

Warrington, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Travelling with a toddler

I am hoping to get some advice on travelling to and around Thailand with my daughter who will be 3. I am more than happy to stay in basic accommodation as long as it is safe/secure. I want to visit as many places as i can (maybe even Laos and/or Cambodia) I am planning on travelling in June for around 4 - 6 weeks and was thinking of booking accommodation when I'm there rather than bookibg everything before I go? Any travel routes, money saving tips, places to visit, how much I will need and just tips in general would be much appreciated. Thanks 😊

1 reply
Mystic, Connecticut
Level Contributor
47 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling with a toddler

If you decide to visit Cambodia then consider Mondulkiri province in the northeast of the country. It is filled with mountains, jungles, waterfalls, many tribal villages and plenty of wild animals. There are opportunities to go trekking (easy and hard treks), visit elephant sanctuaries, wildlife hikes to see monkeys, birds and other wild animals and you can visit homestays in indigenous villages. The villages offer a fascinating look into tribal life and culture and the people in Mondulkiri are incredibly warm and welcoming to foreigners as there are few visitors compared to other provinces.

Reply to: Travelling with a toddler
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted