We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bring item from Chatuchak back to Spain

Barcelona, Spain
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bring item from Chatuchak back to Spain

Holá everyone, I am José Luís, I am Spanish but right now I am travelling in Thailand. I will soon go to Bangkok and it will be my last step in Thailand before flying back to Spain.

I met somebody in Samed Island (cute island by the way) and he told me that beautiful and cheap items are to be found in Chatuchak market in Bangkok. This got my attention as I am looking for some new furniture for my home near Barcelona. I would love to have something from Thailand home.

So I would like to know if those who know Chatuchak market agree with what I've been told about furniture. And if you think these furniture pieces can be brought back to Europe.

Thank you for your help !

José Luís

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Chatuchak Weekend Market
Chatuchak Weekend Market
14,639 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
4 replies to this topic
Prachuap Khiri...
Level Contributor
8,160 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bring item from Chatuchak back to Spain

They probably can, and ask the vendor selling if they provide shipping, or a shipping company they are familiar with and recommend.

Some teak wood and Buddha images are about the only thing I can think of that can't be exported.

Although "beautiful and cheap items" being found in Chatuchak market, doesn't match my opinion of the market. ... LOL

Mentioned in this post
Chatuchak Weekend Market
Chatuchak Weekend Market
14,639 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
19,821 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bring item from Chatuchak back to Spain

Chatuchak Weekend Market has products from all over Thailand, from cheap mass market crap to top quality art objects and everything in between. The big difficulty is finding the good stuff in the huge sprawling market. Also the shophouses just outside the market and the adjacent JJ Plaza have many antique, decor and furniture stores. As for shipping home, delivery companies like DHL and TNT have on-site outlets as well as freight forwarders like Kühne + Nagel.

Here are some links to get you started:

https:/…chatuchak-hub-home-decor

https://nancychandler.net/thailandtravel/nan…

Mentioned in this post
Chatuchak Weekend Market
Chatuchak Weekend Market
14,639 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Barcelona, Spain
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Bring item from Chatuchak back to Spain

Many thanks to both of you ! These articles will help me build an idea of what I could see.

Actually, I don't really trust the vendors to provide shipping... Maybe I should but I am kind of suspicious.

I think my plan will really depend on what I find there.

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
19,821 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bring item from Chatuchak back to Spain

I wouln’t consider the vendors untrustworthy. They work from fixed stands sometimes for decades and they depend on their reputation. Most would have a relationship with a known freight forwarder, but you can choose your own if that works better for you. Many Chatuchak vendors also have conventional shops as well.

Reply to: Bring item from Chatuchak back to Spain
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted