We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! Khao Lak - Krabi????

Fife Scotland
Level Contributor
67 posts
4 reviews
Help! Khao Lak - Krabi????

Hi lads and lassies, me and my girlfriend 36 and 33 are off to Thailand again (only second time) in February first two weeks. We stayed in Kata beach Phuket last time and done Bangkok. Kata, Karon, Patong and Phi Phi. Had an amazing time. Looking to go somewhere different this time but have that beachy holiday. We like eating out drinking and seeing fun stuff during the day, a few trips and just lazing around. I was thinking of flying direct into Phuket and doing a week in Khao Lak and a week in Krabi. Would this be a good idea? We really liked Phuket, would these locations be to quiet etc. Any recommendations of the lively parts of Krabi and Khao Lak. Was thinking Aonang and Bang On La. We still want a vibe and not a place that's totally dead. Thanks in advance for any replys.

3 replies to this topic
Europe
Level Contributor
970 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: Help! Khao Lak - Krabi????

Ao Nang is very busy. For Krabi I'd look at the beaches further along. Klong Muang would be my choice.

Fife Scotland
Level Contributor
67 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Help! Khao Lak - Krabi????

Just had a look, it is a beautiful beach , and we can always go into Aonang at night if we wanted. Thanks for that.

Europe
Level Contributor
970 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: Help! Khao Lak - Krabi????

My pleasure, the beach at Ao Nang isnt much to write home about either. Message me before you go and I'll give you the details of a couple of top restaurants in the area which shouldn't be missed.

Reply to: Help! Khao Lak - Krabi????
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted