We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

budget planning for honeymoon trip to thailand

1 post
Save Topic
budget planning for honeymoon trip to thailand

Hi All,

I am planning 8days 7nights , honeymoon trip to South Thailand - phuket ,krabhi ,bangkok

Traveling from India , in Jan 2019

3-day stay in phuket

3-day stay in krabhi

2-day stay in bangkok

Need to know , it is economical to book a honeymoon package or plan by our own.?

want to know approx. cost estimates including airfare,transportation,hotels,meals,adventure activities

7 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
14,699 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: budget planning for honeymoon trip to thailand

To plan yourself you have to put in some work researching. If you can’t even price airfares or hotels yourself then you need to visit a Travel Agents.

Edited: 03 August 2018, 14:39
stockport
Level Contributor
2,513 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: budget planning for honeymoon trip to thailand

Agree with the above, how can anybody tell you the price of flights when they don’t know your dates and who you want to fly with etc, why don’t you try looking?

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
22,930 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: budget planning for honeymoon trip to thailand

Hi Shekhar

I think you might have the wrong idea about the purpose of Trip Advisor. This is a forum where travellers, just like you, share experiences and ideas. We are only volunteers and are not travel agents. We do not spend countless hours putting together itineraries for people who can’t be bothered doing it for themselves.

What you have asked for would take anyone many hours of research and it probably still wouldn’t the way you want as you’ve given so little information.

Yes you can do it yourself, as many of us do, but that will mean you need to be prepared to do the work. If that’s too hard for you, then the only alternative is to pay a travel agent in your home city to do it for you.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
11,299 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: budget planning for honeymoon trip to thailand

"Need to know , it is economical to book a honeymoon package or plan by our own"

It is nearly always cheaper to book your own things BUT that does mean doing research and making decisions for yourself. Up to you to decide if you are up to that.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
17,815 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: budget planning for honeymoon trip to thailand

If you actually intend to see and do something maybe just choose Bangkok and a second location. Short holiday (like many tourists from India) with lots of stops.

Know that from Bangkok you will have to pay for plane rides from Bangkok to the beach area and from there back to Bangkok. Bus rides take too long!

You could use a travel agency in your town or next bigger city and have them explain cost and time required.

There is a Bangkok forum, a Phuket forum and a Krabi forum. Go to those particular forums for specific help. Always know how to get from airport to hotel, know how to change your currency, read up on scams to avoid. Etc.

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
1,560 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: budget planning for honeymoon trip to thailand

Absolutely agree with all three previous posts.

Start doing your research.

Radolfzell am...
Level Contributor
16 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: budget planning for honeymoon trip to thailand

Avoid the most well known beaches, because they are too touristy, which means, that there are too many people on the beach, especially in January, which is High season ! Have you been to Palolem Beach Goa in High season? The main beaches in Phuket (e.g. Patong or Karon) and Khrabi (e.g: Railay) are the same ! Also, don't go to Sukhumvit Road (many Samsonite Travellers) or Khao San Road (no sleep at night), but closer to the river in a quiter area.

If you want accomodation for budget i recommend for you:

Phuket: Nai Harn Beach

Khrabi: Ao Nang Beach

Bangkok: Soi Rambutri Area

If you like luxury and a lot of comfort go to:

Phuket: Nai Harn Beach - there is at least one luxury hotel as well

Khrabi: Ao Nang Beach - a lot of hotels of all kinds

Bangkok: Silom Road - close to Oriental Hotel

If you tell me how much your budget is per night, i can tell you where to go, becuase i had been (not any more) travel agent and have been to Thailnd 20 times, as well in India 8 times, which i like very much.

Happy travels

Manfred

Reply to: budget planning for honeymoon trip to thailand
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted