We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advise on Phi Phi Island and Phuket

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Advise on Phi Phi Island and Phuket

Hello, I have been unable to decide on where to stay in Phi Phi Island. I am travelling with my boyfriend for our first holiday together so looking for a something a little special without the massive price tag. Since I will only be on Phi Phi Don 3 nights I was unsure to stay at the top of the island due to the difficulties of getting to town if we want a night out. I've heard Tonsai Pier is madness so looking perhaps for something close but also perhaps nice views and relaxation. Anyone stayed in any hotels they could recommend? Do water taxis run throughout the night to the resorts if we stay out late? I have been looking at 'Phi Phi The Beach' anyone stayed there?

Also Phuket have 4 nights here. Cant decide between Patong, Karon or Kata. Main objective is views, infinity pool maybe but still accessible to look around as I've never been there. Not interested in shopping but bars and restaurants close by would be great. Nice beach. Anyway any advice would be appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Phi Phi Hotel
Phi Phi Hotel
954 Reviews
Ko Phi Phi Don, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Patong
Patong
Phuket, Thailand
Karon
Karon
Phuket, Thailand
Kata Beach
Kata Beach
Phuket, Thailand
1 reply
newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
12,709 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advise on Phi Phi Island and Phuket

You would have to find a longtail boat guy willing to do that journey late at night, & pay the price they ask, if you stay at the north end of the island, and want to visit Tonsai in the evening

Reply to: Advise on Phi Phi Island and Phuket
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted