We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

That Phanom bus terminal

Level Contributor
12 posts
26 reviews
That Phanom bus terminal

I have a friend stranded near the wat phra that monastery. It appears he can get a visa extension at Nakon Phanom immigration tomorrow morning, at 654/1 Amphoe Mueang, Changwat, (walking distance) but after that at a loss as how to get him to Bangkok. It seems there's a bus terminal from That Phanom, but google map can't seem to find it. We're trying to get him to the Bangkok bus terminal, Mo Chit, as he will be going somewhere else after, but if it's too difficult, he'll do a plan too. He has a disability, so don't want to lead him too many places.

Would greatly appreciate any help!! I've been searching for awhile on the internet, but can't get very clear information. Thank you.

2 replies to this topic
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
311 posts
14 reviews
1. Re: That Phanom bus terminal

I don't get it.

Instead of contacting you and waiting for you to type all this on TA, why doesn't your friend just ask the people around him?The locals can point him in the right direction immediately.

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,176 posts
33 reviews
2. Re: That Phanom bus terminal

Like every Thai town of any size, That Phanom has a bus terminal. It’s not big, but it’s well known by all locals, and not very far from the town centre. Any tuttuk driver will take him there in 10 minutes. He could take a bus from there north to Nakhon Phanom and then to Bangkok, or go via Mukdahan. But it’s a LOOONG bus ride, so I recommend for him to go to Nakhon Phanom and take a Nok Air flight to Bangkok. Not expensive and very quick.

Reply to: That Phanom bus terminal
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted