We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in November - Racha, Koh Samui & Bangkok

2 posts
Save Topic
Weather in November - Racha, Koh Samui & Bangkok

Hello, firstly I know there have been plenty of questions asked regard the weather as this seems to determine people's travel plans.

However, I suspect each response is subjective - but I would like to get a little more information from people that know best.

I have booked to travel to several places in Thailand (Racha Island, Koh Samui and Bangkok) between the 11th November - 26th November, travelling to these place in the order mentioned.

My concern is that I may have made a error in judgement on visiting Koh Samui (visiting middle of November) as the majority of information seems to indicate it will be heavy rainfall.

But my question is, is the rainfall continuous throughout the day, or is it for a brief spell (1 - 2 hours) then "brightens" up? I understand it could be hit and miss, we could arrive and have great weather, on the flip side, it could rain the entire time in Koh Samui. But any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

2 replies to this topic
Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
2,627 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in November - Racha, Koh Samui & Bangkok

Yes November is the rainiest month for Samui. It won't rain all day, every day. The main thing to know is that you can't do boat trips and probably not other water activities as the sea will likely be rough. But it will still be warm.

2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in November - Racha, Koh Samui & Bangkok

Thank you DragonLass-Aus, much appreciated.

I think it is very much, "take your chances and see"....

Reply to: Weather in November - Racha, Koh Samui & Bangkok
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted