We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Affordable weight loss camps in Thailand?

London, United...
4 posts
Affordable weight loss camps in Thailand?

Hi all :) I just got out of a break up, feeling a bit low and thought it is time to get in shape again. I've tried googling weight loss/yoga/fitness camps, but they all seem to be very expensive, a week for more than I earn in 2 months.. If they exist, can any of you please guide me to some places that include board and are inexpensive? Thank you so much in advance and have a great day :)

5 replies to this topic
Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
23,339 posts
177 reviews
1. Re: Affordable weight loss camps in Thailand?

Hi trined346

I am genuinely sorry to hear about what seems to have been a traumatic break up.

Honestly, a week in a place anywhere in the world won’t have any real impact on your weight, self esteem or desire to get back into shape. It would only impact on your wallet, which you’ve discovered.

If you are determined enough, you can do all those things without spending a heap of money. By all means go to Thailand. Have a great holiday. Meet new people, relax, clear your mind and return home with the determination to do what’s best for you.

London, United...
4 posts
2. Re: Affordable weight loss camps in Thailand?

Thank you for your kind reply. I was thinking of staying for 2-3 months to have a chance to get in touch with myself again and exercise and get in shape again :)

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
2,010 posts
41 reviews
3. Re: Affordable weight loss camps in Thailand?

Yes, 2-3 months of exercise/activity would have noticeable positive effect on your physical and mental health.

1 week would not.

(I offer the advice as a professionally qualified exercise physiologist, nutritionist, and personal trainer.)

London, United...
4 posts
4. Re: Affordable weight loss camps in Thailand?

Thank you. I am a PT and nutritionist myself, I have gained too much during my last relationship and just want to get away for a bit of exercise :)

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
23,339 posts
177 reviews
5. Re: Affordable weight loss camps in Thailand?

I wish you all the best and hope it works out well for you.

Reply to: Affordable weight loss camps in Thailand?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted