We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

English speaking driver/guide from Taipei

Elmhurst, Illinois
Level Contributor
889 posts
482 reviews
Save Topic
English speaking driver/guide from Taipei

Hi everyone!

I am looking for an English speaking driver/guide that can pick us up from Taipei and take us to Sun Moon Lake, stay overnight and return us to Taipei.

I do understand that it is easier from Taichung but we prefer not to leave luggage in a Taipei hotel.

We will be making a 5 night stopover in Taipei, on the way back from a 21/2 weeks in Borneo.

We could possible engage the driver for other visits, if the price is reasonable.

Many thanks!!!!

Johor Bahru...
Level Contributor
1,467 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: English speaking driver/guide from Taipei

grant should be able to help you on this

http://roundtaiwanround.tumblr.com/

Taichung, Taiwan
Level Contributor
397 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: English speaking driver/guide from Taipei

It's better to take HSR from Taipei to Taichung. The travel duration is less than an hour. However, if you take a cab from Taipei to Taichung, it takes more than 2 hours. Either by HSR or cab, you have to pass by Taichung to Sun Moon Lake.

In my opinion, it's better to hire a cab/guide from Taichung. Save time and save money.

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
548 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: English speaking driver/guide from Taipei

Agree with Daniel that Grant may suit you as he's one of the few English speaking drivers/guides around. We were very happy with his services when we engaged him 2 weeks ago to Sun Moon Lake and Cingjing.

I understand your reluctance to take the high speed train to Taichung as it might be a hassle to lug your bags around the train station. Maybe you can consider going to the Taoyuan HSR station directly from the airport as it's only 15 minutes away. The Taoyuan station is much less crowded and more manageable than the Taipei Main Station and cuts travelling time to Taichung by quite a bit. We found it very easy to get on the high speed train even with 2 trolley bags and 2 backpacks.

Elmhurst, Illinois
Level Contributor
889 posts
482 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: English speaking driver/guide from Taipei

Thanks everyone!

Our problem, Traveler Kuala Lumpur is that we arrive in Taipei at night. I believe it is around 7: 30pm. I would have to see how to do this!!!!!!

Elmhurst, Illinois
Level Contributor
889 posts
482 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: English speaking driver/guide from Taipei

Hi again,

Another question.....I am trying to figure this out!!

How do I get from the airport to taoyuan station? Would I take a cab or a bus? About how much would they charge us?

Many thanks again!!!!

To Grant19841130,

I am trying to figure this out!!!!!!

Thanks to all and please, keep sending your great feedback!!!!

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
548 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: English speaking driver/guide from Taipei

Hi again. Just a thought. We arrived on a late night flight and stayed overnight at the Novotel Hotel which is about 15 minutes away. They provide a free shuttle bus from the airport to the hotel and also from the hotel to the Taoyuan HSR station. Worked out great for us. Only downside is there is nothing near the hotel so you'll have to have dinner at the hotel.

Taichung, Taiwan
Level Contributor
397 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: English speaking driver/guide from Taipei

from airport to hsr station

www.taoyuan-airport.com/english/Publish.jsp…

8. Re: English speaking driver/guide from Taipei

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2013, 15:01