We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Photo Studios

New York
7 posts
Save Topic
Photo Studios

Hello,

Could someone recommend some good photo studios in Taipei? My girlfriends and I are interested in doing one of those glamour shot albums. Also, does anybody know what the average price for the packages are...such as what is considered expensive and what is considered the norm?

Thanks you!

Taipei Taiwan
Destination Expert
for Taiwan, Taipei
Level Contributor
7,884 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Photo Studios

Hey CC,

Have you ever gone for one of these Glamour Albums before?? I haven't.

Zhongshan N Rd Sec 2 is where all the " Wedding" Photo Studios are located, many next to each other.

There is also about 20 "Wedding" Photo Studios at Aikuo E. Rd. between Roosevelt Rd. and HangZhou S. Rd

An Article- should give you some ideas. :

amcham.com.tw/publication_topics_view.php…

I'm not being rude here but check out this article!! These pets have it better than some of us!! Let me quote:

"For a price between NT$3,990 and NT$25,800, customers can have their pets photographed in various costumes, hats, sunglasses, scarves, wigs and even fake eyelashes."

taipeitimes.com/News/…2003274103

New York
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Photo Studios

Thanks again! It's is much appreciated. We are going to Taipei for only 4 days at the end of May so hopefully we'll find a place that can accomodate all 5 of us at the same time. I heard Taipei is the best place to get these pictures done!

Taipei, Taiwan
Level Contributor
6,993 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Photo Studios

Yes, getting glamour photos is one of the to-do's for some visitors to Taiwan. There are studios that only do expensive, elaborate wedding photos, smaller studios that do the glamour shots, and studios in between that do both wedding and glamour. Wedding albums can cost over TWD100,000, while glamour photos can be cheap enough to be affordable to junior high school students. The price for a glamour album can range between roughly TWD4,000~TWD6,000 to TWD10,000~TWD20,000.

The cheaper packages would be the ones that advertise in magazines such as Cashbox, or those that have an album displayed by the sidewalk in a busy shopping area---I used to see them along Zhongxiao E. Rd. Sec. 4, but I don't know if they're still there. I recently noticed such an album on display on the 2nd or 3rd fl. of Wannien Bldg. in Ximending. What they'll usually do is have you make an appointment to go to their studio, which is usually located elsewhere, so make sure you know the location of the studio before deciding.

This is probably the most well-known and popular with tourists:

http://www.chuech-studio.com.tw/

Here's a link to a few other studios----Linli and Photomax are quite popular----but there are countless others not listed here:

www.taiwan.net.tw/lan/Cht/search/list.asp…

Nope, Nutty, I've never had those glamour photos done, but I have arranged for a few friends and relatives to have them done!:-) Have any of your clients expressed an interest?

Taipei, Taiwan
Level Contributor
6,993 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Photo Studios

As with most Taiwan websites, the Chinese version is much more detailed, with more photos, than the English version.

Taipei, Taiwan
Level Contributor
6,993 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Photo Studios

Chuech has 2 retail locations downtown:

Dinghow Store:

No. 97 Zhongxiao E. Rd. Sec. 4, 3F~33

Tel: (02)2751-1246

Ximending Eslite Store:

No. 100 Wuchang St. Sec. 2

Tel: (02)2331-4573

Their photo studio is located at No. 685 Zhongshan N. Rd. Sec 5, about a 20-min. walk north of Shilin Night Market. Buses headed for Tianmu will pass Shilin NM on the left, then a McDonald's on the right, then Chuech before it crosses the bridge into Tianmu. (There used to be a Swenson's Ice Cream Parlor on the 1st floor, but I don't know if it's still there.)

Singapore
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Photo Studios

http://www.chuech-studio.com.tw/ is really nice!!! but its really expensive for students :~

Malaysia
Level Contributor
26 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Photo Studios

Hi, I am planning to go to Taipei to take my wedding photographs, if possible beginning of August, 2007. However, due to my workload, I dare not make earlier booking via online cause I am not familiar with the bridal studios. Any recommendations? Also, is it a good time to go in August for outdoor bridal shooting? I like my wedding photographs be taken outdoor. Also, anyone of you who had experienced, for overseas couple, what should I bring over, and what should I beware?

Appreciate your views. Thank you

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
44 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Photo Studios

hi there people...

im also interested to go to taiwan for my weeding photos...

anyone has any price guide & roughly how long it takes for me to collect my photos?

any help & information is much appreciated..

taipei
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Photo Studios

http://www.babyface.url.tw/index.html

10. Re: Photo Studios

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2010, 10:45