We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

family trip to taipei with kids

SINGAPORE
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
family trip to taipei with kids

Need some help for my trip in nov 2010 for 4A4C

1. need local trsf from airport / hotel / airport.

2. Any good recoomend hotel for family as need at elast 2 rooms.

3. will like to book one minivan to see the attractions in Tpe

4. need itinerary that can cater for kids

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,698 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: family trip to taipei with kids

1. You can contact taxi driver like Meeky Yang and ask if his Toyota Wish can accomodate all the people in your group. As some of your passenger are kids, there may be a chance. Else you will need to hire two cab. If you are cost concious, the bus service from the airport is your best bet.

2. I have stayed in Keyman hotel near Taipei Main Station. Their family room have 2 x queen size bed. I think Neijiang near XMD also have such rooms. Take note that they are not 5 star hotel but maybe 3 star.

3. As point 1, as the driver can it accomodate all of you though I must admit it will be a bit cramp. Search the forum here and there is one company that cater minivan that is mentioned by other TA users.

4. For kids entertainment, you can try Leefoo and WoC theme park and farms. I personally have brought my kids to WoC in 2009 and they enjoyed it tremendously. If you want, read my trip report for feel. Try to come out with a preliminary itenary and share it with us. I believe other TA users will be able to advice you better.

Let us know if you need any other info. I believe DE here will be happy to help.

Singapore
Level Contributor
671 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: family trip to taipei with kids

Hi,

I think you can try CityInn2 (http://www.cityinn.com.tw/Cityinn2/index.html). They got family room - http://59.120.149.249/hotel/reservation/reservation.php?hid=106.

Mr Meeky Yang's car is Toyota wish. If the children are small, should be able to fit in.

I've written my trip with Meeky in this blog: www.wretch.cc/blog/sflow00.

Rgds,

Low

Townsville...
Level Contributor
567 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: family trip to taipei with kids

Our kids loved travelling by MRT, but the taxi's were also great. For transport to attractions (Window on China & Leofoo) you can purchase tickets which cover pick up and drop back directly from your hotel. Depending on your kids ages (ours are 2 & 8) Window on China is great (went with family with kids 11 & 17 also). A great place in the warmer months as the water park is fantastic (just remember the swimming cap). We didn't do Leofoo, but we were told it was more themepark rides for older kids? We didn't get to the Evergreen Maritime Museum, but it is highly recommended as entertaining for kids as it is interactive (near National Palace Museum, which by the way apparently people love however we and the kids did not enjoy - would much rather ventured to the Evergreen Maritime Museum). Our kids enjoyed Mirimar as it has different mini playgrounds for younger kids throughout the shopping centre and the ferris wheel on top. A great hairdresser for kids also if any of the kids need a trim ;). Taipei 101 is great for kids and adults, we spend hours there. Five dime restraurant is also fasinating. We and the kids enjoyed tea there (afternoon tea). It's close to Mirimar Mall. Taipei is a fantastic place to visit with kids. The people are so friendly and helpful. Have a fantastic time!

SINGAPORE
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: family trip to taipei with kids

the children ages is 3/5/9/11 yrs.

Beside the doremon , leefo and windows of china and those kids attaractions , how long do we need to anticpated for kids to be inside? half a day?

as arrive in 26 nov and leaving 30 nov, is there sufficent time?

We also want to go babyboss, as anyone been there?

Townsville...
Level Contributor
567 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: family trip to taipei with kids

We only did WOC and it took us 1/2 day without swimming (they have the mini world attractions and th doremon room) and we were told you would need all day at Leofoo as it's so big. We didn't do Baby Boss, even though it sounds fantastic, as our kids don't speak chinese and you aren't permitted to go in with them (our kids are very shy). We were there for 9 days and didn't have enough time, although I did do probably 2 days of shopping ;)

Johor Bahru
Destination Expert
for Johor Bahru
Level Contributor
956 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: family trip to taipei with kids

WIth the ages 3,5,9,11, can go to Taipei Zoo with minimum cost (by MRT) and entrance fees NT$40/kid, you can walk around and see panda with no additional cost (weekday is recommended), after that can take direct bus to 101.

7. Re: family trip to taipei with kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2011, 10:47