We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Photography (glamour shots)

Singapore
Level Contributor
671 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Photography (glamour shots)

Hi,

Anyone taken photography (glamour shots) in taiwan ? Pls share your experience. I've read the past forum posts and find that those are quite expensive.

I'm also thinking how can i engage a photographer to take photos in ChingJing. If you have recommendation, pls let me know.

Thks.

Toronto
Level Contributor
40 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Photography (glamour shots)

Hello

It depends if you want to do your glamour shots at a wedding studio, which will tend to be more pricy, or a regular glamour shots place which are more for younger girls.

I've done these sort of shots three times in total (many years ago) twice at the cheaper places and once at the wedding studio with my husband.

One of the biggest non-wedding glamour shot studios is Chuech. Here is their site:

http://www.chuech-studio.com.tw/

Looks like right now they've got a special around $400 (here: http://www.chuech-studio.com.tw/modules/cjaycontent/index.php?id=4)

I think it can be a fun experience if you've never tried it. Although I must admit I do find the quality much better at wedding studios, but they are also not as "glamorous" (i.e. mostly evening gowns and bridal gowns rather than special outfits) and usually are over $1000.. so it depends on what you're looking for.

Singapore
Level Contributor
671 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Photography (glamour shots)

Hi ayz75,

Thks for your reply.

Need to check where did you do for the cheaper ones and what's the cost like.

Thks.

Toronto
Level Contributor
40 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Photography (glamour shots)

Hi, actually I did mine at cheuch but this was well over 7 years ago. I think even at that time I paid around NT8000-9000. I would suggest you e-mail cheuch and see if they've got any specials.

The second time I did it at a place called Beneton (I don't even know if it's still around, again this was like 6 years ago) but it sucked so badly and it wasn't that much cheaper (maybe cheaper by NT$1000?) I would not recommend a really cheap place because remember that means their albums and clothing are probably all really cheap too.

p.s. ignore my previous post where I mentioned $400, I was quoting in Canadian dollars for some reason

hualien
Destination Expert
for Taipei, Taiwan
Level Contributor
3,062 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Photography (glamour shots)

Forget about doing the shot in Chingjing,you'll need to bring the photographer and a make-up artist as well as pay for their transportation.And mind you, the outing fee most studios charge for their make up artist and photographer can be quite expensive.You might as well save the money and do your shot with a reputable studio.

The above poster is right; if u're just looking for some fun, go to an 'ordinary' studio, but if you want good quality shots,do it with the wedding studios.

BTW, some of the big names in Taipei has branches in Singapore too you know.My cousin did her wedding shots with the same company I used for mine but she did it in Sing while I in Taipei.

5. Re: Photography (glamour shots)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 19:49