We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yilan or Taichung 1st.

Singapore
4 posts
Save Topic
Yilan or Taichung 1st.

Hi, taking my 2 children ( 8 and 12) to Taiwan in dec. Wanted to go to cingjing and yilan farm. Pls advise the following as quite confused.

1) will arrive Taipei app 10 am in the morning. Should I take HSR to yilan or taiching 1st?

2) if I go to either , can I go straight to the other destination or should I come back to Taipei for a few days 1st. Will be in Taiwan for 9 days.

3) what is the best way from yilan to Taichung or vice versa?

4) should I spend 1 nite in shangarila and 1 night in tuocheng farm or should I just choose 1? How to get from 1 farm to the other ?

5) I will stay 1 night in Taichung then arrange to go to the minsu the next morn, can I arrange for the minsu to pick us up from Taichung? Is it free?

6) my children are very eager to see the stars so which minsu is best for this? How many nights should I stay in the minsu?

Should I venture to hahua Shan on a day trip or just stay at the minsu?

7) how to go back to Taipei?

Any contacts for drivers will be appreciated.

Hope that the experts can help me with the quires. Thanks

Singapore
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Yilan or Taichung 1st.

Help pls!!!

Singapore
Level Contributor
764 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Yilan or Taichung 1st.

HSR only on the west coast, no HSR to Yilan which is on the east coast. You can take normal train instead.

Singapore
Level Contributor
138 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yilan or Taichung 1st.

Hi

I'm taking the same route as you this coming Dec. From my reseach seems like it is better to go by this way:

Taipei-Yilan-Taichung-Cingjing-Taipei

Yilan- I've been to Shangrila but not Toucheng. Both are leisure farms. There may be some similar activities. Why don't you stay one day in minsu and go to Yilan's folk museum and crayon factory. Luodong night market would be accessible from minsu but not from the farms. For drivers, the minsu and farms can advise n arrange for you.

Yilan-Taichung- there is only 2 options. Either railway from Luodong / Yilan station (depends where you stay) to Taichung which will take about 4 hour. Or cab to HSR (1-1.5 hour) and HSR (1 hour), total 2.5 hr. Direct cab from Yilan to Taichung I believe is 5 hour.

Personally I will go direct to yilan by cab after arriving at Taoyuan airport.

4. Re: Yilan or Taichung 1st.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 01:52