We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is is safe to travel alone in Nepal

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Is is safe to travel alone in Nepal

hi, anyone can tell me if it's advisable or safe to travel alone in Nepal? I actually booked a package for 6 days 5 nights including sightseeing and tour activity. Nepal is really on my bucket list. Thanksss

Kathmandu, Nepal
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
2,345 posts
68 reviews
1. Re: Is is safe to travel alone in Nepal

Cities are fine to travel alone but if you are going on a trek find a companion or take a Nepali staff. Also read is Nepal safe article on the right sidebar top questions.

Good Luck!

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
203 posts
29 reviews
2. Re: Is is safe to travel alone in Nepal

yes it is safe to travel alone in Nepal

Romeoville, Illinois
3 posts
3. Re: Is is safe to travel alone in Nepal

I have been once in 2014 and it is safe but lots of bargaining and wheel and deals you can do. Generally, Ne[palis very good. I am leaving for kathmundu and then will travel Phokhara Nepal stay in Pokhara for 3 weeks during that stay at Pokhara I will travel Jomsom and Muktinath. But still it would be nice if you had any company with you to be very safe.

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
170 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: Is is safe to travel alone in Nepal

Hello,

Nepal very save, No worry

good luck

Gorakhpur, India
6 posts
5. Re: Is is safe to travel alone in Nepal

If you are going in a new city or a new country , it would be good for you to have some friend whom you know very well, You can get some help according to your need.

Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
14,997 posts
56 reviews
6. Re: Is is safe to travel alone in Nepal

HI Glaiza

Nepal is a relatively safe country to travel in with respect to theft, robbery and assautl. It also seems that the additional crimes that women are more at risl of are low too. certainly compared to its southern neighbout. This is not to say that bad things do not happen so you need to take your street smarts with you. If you are with other people on the package tour, even if it's only a guide, then you have take the most important safety step by not travelling alone.

I'm male so heopefully remale travellers will post their views and advice.

Good luck, enjoy the trip.

scoodly

Bhaktapur, Nepal
Level Contributor
67 posts
5 reviews
7. Re: Is is safe to travel alone in Nepal

Feel safe if you are on organised trip, i mean with guide or agency..

People are generous and helpful.

For females, try not to go remote area on your own, take at least a porter guide.

Wishes!!!

Arun karki

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
58 posts
8. Re: Is is safe to travel alone in Nepal

Hi

Yes Nepal is save to travel.

and you like Nepal and you have already booked your trip.

so beautiful people and place are ready to welcome you so

i believe that you will have very worthy tour in your life but

every movement you have careful and smart even your house not only foreign country.

so Good Luck!

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
22 posts
6 reviews
9. Re: Is is safe to travel alone in Nepal

Hi, It is comparatively safe as you have a booked tour package; but if you are alone then a companion is always suggested; not necessarily because of the threat of assault or theft but to be on a safe side and to assure that you are not lost somewhere specially in remote areas ;)

Kathmandu, Nepal
1 post
10. Re: Is is safe to travel alone in Nepal

Namaste from Nepal.

For solo travel Nepal is always safe unless you go for the trek alone . For the tour since you are doing with the agency you don;t need to worry. Nepali hospitality will impress you

Travel Nepal and enjoy the Nepalese culture ,history art and tradition .