We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa upon arrival from UK

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
554 posts
356 reviews
Visa upon arrival from UK

can I get one & how much is it? I've been on 2 sites, one say £20, the other says £66+. Thanks in advance.

Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
14,957 posts
56 reviews
1. Re: Visa upon arrival from UK

Hi DeuceWooo

Nepal visas are £20 for 15 days. £35 for 30 days and £75 for 90 days when obtained in advance from the embassy.

The cost of visas on arrival are priced in US dollars: 25/15, 40/30 and 100/90 but you can pay in GBP. They will use that day's exchange rate to determine the rpice so it is difficult to say what the exact price is in GBP. The rate they use is not favourable and there can be issues getting change - these are not big problems but it is a smoother process after along flight to pay in USD - it will probably be a little cheaper too.

VOAs can be applied for online; give details, upload a photo, print a receipt, pay on arrival then the visa is issued: online.nepalimmigration.gov.np/tourist-visa

Or us the paper application form: nepalimmigration.gov.np/article/97/appendix-…

Be wary of 3rd party websites that offer nothing but extra costs.

scoodly

Cumbria
Level Contributor
5,918 posts
43 reviews
2. Re: Visa upon arrival from UK

Good info posted by scoodly – I only went through the process of arranging my Nepal visa in advance once – That was on my 1st trip there in 1994, since then I have been back a further 9 times and obtained my visa on arrival as this is simple, quick and usually cheaper – Usually I am in a taxi on my way to Thamel within an hour of the aeroplane wheels touching the ground and sometimes in less than ½ an hour – So when you look at the potential hassles of sending your passport off, you will probably see why I now always do it this way ;-)

Good Luck and Happy Safe Travels

Rob

Travel Pages including Nepal blog http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/50192/

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
554 posts
356 reviews
3. Re: Visa upon arrival from UK

Ah thanks scoody I was trying to do all 3 of those things & it got confusing, & I was wary of being on a 3rd party site. So if I just wait until I arrive & pay in USD & that's it yeah?

I too thought it was too much faffin' about sending my passport ... into-thin-air. Great name Rob. I'll have a better look at that blog tomorrow. Thanks.

Edited: 28 December 2015, 02:26
Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
14,957 posts
56 reviews
4. Re: Visa upon arrival from UK

Hi again

Like Rob. I do not trust the Royal Mail with my passport and the VOA process the quickest and easiest and pick up the correct visa fee in USD when passing an M&S or wherever has the best rates.

In a nutshell: yes turn up with the completed paper application form (or online receipt), passport photo and fee.

It's a simple and usually quick process.

scoodly

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
554 posts
356 reviews
5. Re: Visa upon arrival from UK

Thanks again scoodly. Sorry I got your name wrong last time, I blame the iPad :-/

Edited: 28 December 2015, 19:06
Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
14,957 posts
56 reviews
6. Re: Visa upon arrival from UK

You're welcome and no worries about the typo.

scoodly

7. Re: Visa upon arrival from UK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 December 2016, 10:48