We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning Trip to Nepal in February

Khagrachari...
Level Contributor
3 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Planning Trip to Nepal in February

We, the couple are planning to visit Nepal from Bangladesh by road in the first weekend of February for 4N5D. We wish, we enter Nepal by crossing Kakarvita land port. We have some queries regarding the trip. we shall highly appreciate if you inform us these information.

1. Is it safe now to cross Kakarvita land port, if blockade continues? Will Indian authority give permission of transition in this situation?

2. Please give us a 4N5D itinerary to cover some historic and important places of the magic land.

3. Please name some good hotels and restaurant for us.

4. and finally, please inform us some preparations regarding warmth clothes.

Thank You all.

Sincerely Yours.

Aminul

Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
14,278 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning Trip to Nepal in February

Hi Aminul

1. Hopefully the blockade will be over by the time you travel in February. As it is, there have been some issues crossing land borders according to the media but the difficulties I have read about have been at other border points (Sunauli, for example) rather than Kakarvita. Hopefully people with experience will answer your question.

2. Although for a slightly longer trip, this article has some suggestions for a short visit:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293889-c182391/Nepal…

It might help you to ask more specific questions about places and activities you might be interested.

3. Ksthmandu and Pokhara, two cities you are likely to visit, have a good range of hotels to suit most budgets and requirements. $10 is enough for a clean safe room in both cities and for KTM I suggest the Hotel Florid at that end of the spectrum. If you are after something mid-range I suggest the Kathmandu Embassy Hotel which is fairly new, very clean and friendly. It's also in the quitter area of Lazimpat but still close to Thamel, the travellers' hub.

So many restaurants to choose from! A personal favourite is The Green Organic Café which is great for veggie options

4. This article gives some brief information on the weather:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293889-s208/Nepal:We…

More detailed information is available on the likes of wunderground and accuweather and allow you to compare the temps. with home to gauge what you need to wear. That said, February might not be as cold as expected in KTM and Pokhara - I think you are unlikely to get to places that are much higher and therefore colder in the time you have - during the day when the sun is out but it can get chilly at night. A thick fleece jacket should suffice but of you are cold then down jackets can be hired at less than $1 per day.

Enjoy the trip.

scoodly

Khagrachari...
Level Contributor
3 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning Trip to Nepal in February

Hello scoodly!

Thank you very much for your very kind answers! We are very much excited regarding the tour. This is a clear pen picture for us. I think it will be our guiding star. Thanks a lot again!

3. Re: Planning Trip to Nepal in February

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2016, 11:47