We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget hotel in Katmandhu

London, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Budget hotel in Katmandhu

Hi, I'll be arriving late in Katmandhu in a few days after a long flight with a lengthy stopover in Dehli. So I'll be looking for a hotel for a couple of nights to regenerate before figuring out my trek route. Can anyone recommend a suitable hotel/guest house I can go which will suit my needs? Obviously, clean, wifi, reasonably located. There seem to be plenty of options on http://wikitravel.org/en/Kathmandu but it'd be good to get confirmation on a place.

Someone on here mentioned Khangsar Guest House. Thx.

Mentioned in this post
Khangsar Guest House
Khangsar Guest House
538 Reviews
Kathmandu, Nepal
Budget hotels in Kathmandu
Trekkers' Home
Trekkers' Home
#27 of 211 hotels in Kathmandu
Norbulinka Boutique Hotel
Norbulinka Boutique Hotel
#43 of 211 hotels in Kathmandu
Shree Tibet Family Guest House
Shree Tibet Family Guest House
#47 of 211 hotels in Kathmandu
1. Re: Budget hotel in Katmandhu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2015, 07:08
Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
13,419 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Budget hotel in Katmandhu

Hi John

I stayed in the hotel mentioned above in June'July and reviewed it on here - excellent value without a doubt, clean friendly, good location.

Did you have a budget in mind?

scoodly

Kathmandu, Nepal
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
2,319 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Budget hotel in Katmandhu

I heard about Khangsar Guest Hosue few times but I do not know much about this place. Well, the one I recommend is Hotel Cosmic and Hotel Visit Nepal, both inside Thamel located in Z Street. Both are small lodges, offers WiFi and reasonably clean places.

Good Luck!

Mentioned in this post
Khangsar Guest House
Khangsar Guest House
538 Reviews
Kathmandu, Nepal
Thamel
Thamel
4,840 Reviews
Kathmandu, Nepal
Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Budget hotel in Katmandhu

hey there if you are looking for hotel really on location i would say check this hotel which is quite , clean and cheap. tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g293890-d2336…

sa

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
466 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Budget hotel in Katmandhu

We stayed in the Hotel Access Nepal for about 6 days in all before & after our trek & couldn't fault it. In the centre of Thamel, double glazed, great breakfast & very helpful & friendly staff. We'll be looking to stay there again on our next visit in 2016.

Cheers

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Access Nepal
Hotel Access Nepal
369 Reviews
Kathmandu, Nepal
Thamel
Thamel
4,840 Reviews
Kathmandu, Nepal
Kathmandu, Nepal
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Budget hotel in Katmandhu

There are many different and nice budget hotels in Kathmandu . Karma Travellers Home , Khangsar Guest House are the popular budget hotels in Thamel area .

You may use the www.booking2asia.com and visit Kathmandu section to see the lists of hotels along with their contact phone and option to send an email directly to the hotel.

Mentioned in this post
Kathmandu
Kathmandu
Kathmandu Valley, Nepal
Karma Travellers Home
Karma Travellers Home
231 Reviews
Kathmandu, Nepal
Khangsar Guest House
Khangsar Guest House
538 Reviews
Kathmandu, Nepal
Thamel
Thamel
4,840 Reviews
Kathmandu, Nepal
7. Re: Budget hotel in Katmandhu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 November 2016, 10:46