We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Laundry

Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Laundry

Are there any places in Kathmandu to drop off laundry with same day service?

Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
15,020 posts
56 reviews
31. Re: Laundry

Hi DeuceWoo

I emailed a few friends in KTM to confirm the price of laundry: three have stated the price of laundry is 100 rupees per kg not 50 and this increase is not seasonal but permanent (well, you know what I mean). They also confirmed there are no laundries in Thamel.

scoodly

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
554 posts
361 reviews
32. Re: Laundry

Thanks for that Scoodly :-)

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
81 posts
116 reviews
33. Re: Laundry

Tonnes of places in Thamel do it for 100NPR per 1kg of laundry. For a higher rate you can get your clothes back within 3 hours. Usually it'll take 24 hours though.

Hotels do it for a very high rate. Best bet is a small shop in Thamel - they do a good job for cheap!

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
6 posts
30 reviews
34. Re: Laundry

Do they wash them in a machine or is it some Didi hand washing?

Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
15,020 posts
56 reviews
35. Re: Laundry

Most services will send the clothes to a laundry with machines though it's possible some places, particularly hotels will hand wash small loads. I would ask if you have a preference. Either way, the process can be harsh on delicate fabrics.

scoodly

36. Re: Laundry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2017, 10:48