We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trekking 3D2N

Al Khobar, Saudi...
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Topic
Trekking 3D2N

is there any chance i can do trekking for 3D2N in Kathmandu or any place near? I am a solo backpacker and wanted to try trekking (not that experienced though) in Nepal. I got 6 days to visit Nepal excluding the arrival/departure days.

Thanks,

Joseph

Cumbria
Level Contributor
5,843 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trekking 3D2N

I think the first thing to mention is that it is Never a good idea to trek entirely alone in Nepal purely from a safety point of view, illness and small accidents can easily happen and if you don't have at least some backup these small problems can soon become Big ones !!

It is usually quite easy to find a trek-mate to go with, or of you prefer, just hire a Porter/Guide.

For a route – With such a limited timeframe, close to Kathmandu your best option might be getting a bus up to Nagarkot, overnight there then the next day trek to Chisapani, overnight there then the next day trek to Sundarijal which is on the outskirts of Kathmandu

This map should help put the above into prospective

natssul.com/howasia/…map-langtang3000.jpg

Good Luck and Happy Safe Trekking

Rob

My Nepal Blog members.virtualtourist.com/m/50192/6ec/

Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
14,278 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trekking 3D2N

Hi

This describes a similar trek but in the opposite direction:

http://www.netif-nepal.org/itineraries.htm

scoodly

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
8,017 posts
380 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trekking 3D2N

Nagarkot Chisopani. From Chisopani instaed of the direct trail to Sungarijal you can continue in the forest by the top of Shivapuri to Buddhanilkanta, or even go as far as Kakani.

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Trekking 3D2N

Hello Oblakalbo!

Nepal is quite popular trekking and cultural tours. you can spend many days in Nepal by exploring world heritage site, natural beauty and many things. If you are looking for 2 nights 3 days trekking around Ktm, this might be good option.

Day 01: Drive to Sundarijal and trek to Chisapani (2165m) via Borlang Bhanjyang (2430m) overnight at hotel

Day 02: Trek to Nagarkot (2195m), this is the attraction place of this trekking. It offers long range of snow caped mountains and also very famous hill station from Kathmandu for the view of sunset and sunrise. The first day trekkers can enjoy the sunset and next day morning the sunrise from your room or rooftop of the hotel.

Day 03: Trek to Changunarayan (1435m) through Tamang village, Changunarayan temple is a holy pilgrimage site of Hinduism and drive back to Kathmandu

Good luck!

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
203 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trekking 3D2N

Hi,

Welcome in Nepal.

Sounds interesting, Better to go to Three days trekking up to 2400m.

around Kathmandu valley.

Thanks.

6. Re: Trekking 3D2N

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2016, 10:46