We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

30 yr old single male traveller 4 nights in KTM

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Topic
30 yr old single male traveller 4 nights in KTM

Hello Everyone,

I'm planning my first trip to Nepal and was hoping to receive some feedback on best itinerary options for me.

My goal of the trip is to relax, enjoy the beautiful landscapes of Nepal, and enjoy the liveliness and energy of the locals.

Other then the Mt Everest flight I don't have any other plans. I don't know much about trekking but I'd love to take some beautiful pictures of the landscape and sunrises/sunsets.

Any suggestions on an itinerary that would allow me to enjoy myself and my scenery would be appreciated.

Thank you everyone,

Mentioned in this post
Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
13,683 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 30 yr old single male traveller 4 nights in KTM

Hi Wes

KTM is full of the energy and liveliness of the locals and there are some reasonably good places for landscape and sunset/sunrise photography nearby.

Nagarkot and Dhulikhel are popular spots to see the Himalayas and experience sunrise and sunsets (weather permitting). N is nearer to KTM. The 7 Woeld Heritage sights are a good place to experience local energy and culture; the 3 Durbar Squares of KTM, Patan and Bhaktapur; and the religious places at Swayambunath, Boudhanath, Cgangu Narayan and Pashupatinath. These are very much living plces rather than sterile tourist sites but there are many more places of interest and local life can be observed in prdinary places like Indra Chowk and Asan Tole.

This traveller article gives some details of potential itineraries:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293889-c182391/Nepal…

scoodly

Mentioned in this post
Tribhuvan Airport
Tribhuvan Airport
Kathmandu, Nepal
Nagarkot
Nagarkot
Bagmati Zone, Nepal
Patan (Lalitpur)
Patan (Lalitpur)
Kathmandu Valley, Nepal
Bhaktapur
Bhaktapur
Kathmandu Valley, Nepal
Asan
Asan
197 Reviews
Kathmandu, Nepal
Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
87 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 30 yr old single male traveller 4 nights in KTM

Hello and just to say an old friend of mine is in Pokhara and he knows Nepal so well for information as he was in the old Peace Corps and has lived his whole business life in far east.

So he knows a lot of people and talks a lot :)...but could be informative:

whitebuddhaone@gmail.com (name is Allen) He is currently at a hotel for about $16 a night

for example and might be there another month....best of luck and how exciting you can do this travel. My lst trip to Nepal was so many years ago there was only one old hotel Yak & Yeti (certainly not same as now and it had cement bathtubs but Russian guy ran the place and lots of old time stories about those days)......Jack

Mentioned in this post
Pokhara
Pokhara
Gandaki Zone, Nepal
Cumbria
Level Contributor
5,688 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 30 yr old single male traveller 4 nights in KTM

Lots depend on what time your flight lands on day one and departs on your last day – But assuming your stay is for 3 nights and you have an afternoon landing and have to be back at the airport around midday on your last day then my idea would be something more like this –

Arrive in Kathmandu and transport to your hotel - Settle in and visit Kathmandu Durbar Square and possibly Patan Durbar Square and/or Swayambhunath. – Overnight Kathmandu

Day 1, Mountain Flight and transport to Nagarkot, possibly visit Kopan Monastery on the way – Overnight Nagarkot – With Luck, a spectacular Sunrise – Overnight

Day 2 – Sunrise then trek down towards Bhaktapur, get picked up and taken to visit Pashupatinath and Boudnath and transport to Bhaktapur – Overnight

Day 3 – Morning sightseeing in Bhaktapur and transport to airport.

The above itinerary is doable but you will need a private car to smooth things out and transport your luggage – If the flight timings are significantly different to my guess, then you might have to juggle things around a bit

Good Luck and Happy Safe Travels

Rob

My Nepal Blog members.virtualtourist.com/m/50192/6ec/

Mentioned in this post
Kathmandu
Kathmandu
Kathmandu Valley, Nepal
Kathmandu Durbar Square
Kathmandu Durbar Square
3,980 Reviews
Kathmandu, Nepal
Patan (Lalitpur)
Patan (Lalitpur)
Kathmandu Valley, Nepal
Nagarkot
Nagarkot
Bagmati Zone, Nepal
Kopan Monastery
Kopan Monastery
680 Reviews
Kathmandu, Nepal
Bhaktapur
Bhaktapur
Kathmandu Valley, Nepal
4. Re: 30 yr old single male traveller 4 nights in KTM

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2016, 10:46