We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One week - Work travel to Kathmandu

Damascus, Syria
6 posts
Save Topic
One week - Work travel to Kathmandu

Hi All,

I have work travel to Kathmandu next week. It was reserved for me in Hotel Himalaya, Kupandol... I'd like to know what I can visit around the hotel (as I will not be free before 4 pm :( )... Are there public markets near the hotel?... Can I have an idea about some prices (clothes, foods, electronics,... etc) it is just to decide what presents I can buy ;-) ...

Thanks

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,317 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One week - Work travel to Kathmandu

patan durbar square is in walking distance

I mean walk there - its about 15 mins walk though local bazar

(but KTM is not that big you can walk to KTM durbar square in 20-20 mins also)

as for prices they vary depending on what you want to buy

I would stick to souvenir items and local arts and crafts items

as Nepal is not known for quality clothing or electronics

you can buy imports but you are likely to pay high prices

all the best

France
Level Contributor
3,450 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One week - Work travel to Kathmandu

Hello,

Welcome to TripAdvisor forum for Nepal!

The previous post replied you very clearly, Patan is very close from your hotel. I stayed in Hotel Himalaya about a year ago during a meeting. There are shops around, have restaurants but not many options. The price varies on what you will be buying so hard to say prices now. But in general, prices in Nepal are very cheap for western people.

Good Luck!

3. Re: One week - Work travel to Kathmandu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2015, 09:46