We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One day tour kathmandu - what to see and know any guides?

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
82 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
One day tour kathmandu - what to see and know any guides?

I am in Kathmandu next week for business and have one day off which I was hoping to use to do some sightseeing. I am thinking of doing the Everest flight early morning (weather permitting) and then will have the rest of the day to sight see.

Can anyone suggest itineraries or guides?

I am a single female so would prefer to go with a guide

Phuket, Thailand
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: One day tour kathmandu - what to see and know any guides?

I think the guide is not a problem at all. Just go to Thamel (one of the large and popular tourist area) and look for any travel agency. They will be very pleased to help you... if you have some money, of 'coz ;)

Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
14,304 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One day tour kathmandu - what to see and know any guides?

HI

The main options are neatly summed up on post 4 on this thread:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g3374769-i28200-…

It all depends on your interests but but I would suggest Pashupatinath (best in the morning,) Bhaktapur and Boudhanath. If you have the time go from Bhaktapur to Boudhanath via Thimi. These are all in the east of the valley and the sorport is a convenient starting point.

scoodly

3. Re: One day tour kathmandu - what to see and know any guides?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2013, 18:04
4. Re: One day tour kathmandu - what to see and know any guides?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 September 2013, 04:35
5. Re: One day tour kathmandu - what to see and know any guides?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2013, 21:50
Patan (Lalitpur...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: One day tour kathmandu - what to see and know any guides?

sure u acn call in this no 9803649300

2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: One day tour kathmandu - what to see and know any guides?

I spent a week in Kathmandu in June this year and was fortunate to meet a guide quite by chance. I am retired, male, and was on my own. I met his parents and his wife and children during the week. He speaks English. I did a 4 day trek with him and afterwards sightseeing in Kathmandu. I would thoroughly recommend him, he is a really nice guy, honest, trustworthy and friendly and I am still in touch with him. With a guide in Kathmandu you don't get continually approached by all in sundry. Please get in touch if you want any further information.

2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: One day tour kathmandu - what to see and know any guides?

I spent a week in Kathmandu in June this year. Quite by chance I was fortunate to meet a guide. He turned out to be honest, trustworthy, reliable and spoke English. During the week I met his wife, children and parents and I am still in contact with him. With a guide in Kathmandu you don't get continually approached by all in sundry. I did a 4 day trek and then a few days sightseeing in Kathmandu. I am a retired married male, but was on my own at the time. Do contact if you need any further information. Sorry this is the same post as previously. It came up as failed, so had to re-type!

Edited: 14 September 2013, 16:58
Kathmandu,Nepal
Level Contributor
473 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: One day tour kathmandu - what to see and know any guides?

Everest mountain flight early morning then visit Pashupatinath temple, Bouddhnath, Kathmandu Darbar Square and Swoyambhunath/monkey temple.

You are coming for business to Nepal, I supposed you don't have time to search agency around by foot. This is why, I suggest you Google search a tour agency and book a ticket for mountain flight because you can not buy mountain flight ticket same morning. Kindly, tour agency will be arranged your day tour.

Good Luck!

Guide

Bhaktapur, Nepal
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: One day tour kathmandu - what to see and know any guides?

hi if you need a recommendation of licensed guide plz pm for details..