We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tourist bus from kathmandu to pokhara

Dhaka City...
Level Contributor
18 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
tourist bus from kathmandu to pokhara

Hi,

any one travel Baba Adventure Travels & Tours Pvt. Ltd tourist bus for kathmandu to pokhara??

how much it will cost per person one way??

we want A/C tourist bus.

any suggestion will help us.

Thanks

Tasnim

30 replies to this topic
Denmark
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tourist bus from kathmandu to pokhara

It is all in their website here:

www.kathmandupokharatouristbus.com/index.html

France
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
3,425 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tourist bus from kathmandu to pokhara

If you look for another option with A/C bus then there comes Greenline Tourist Bus. Seems like Greenline buses are little expensive than Baba adventure. I never used Baba adventure but Greenline was comfortable. The lunch served on the way was fine too.

Read more here: http://www.greenline.com.np/intro.php

Dhaka City...
Level Contributor
18 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tourist bus from kathmandu to pokhara

hi everyone,

from their website i send a email to them and they response to me.

they told that they will pick us from our kathmandu hotel.

is it ok??

any one here who travel with them??

can i relax about the bus issue?? OR...

please advise and help us

Thanks

Tasnim

Edited: 05 June 2013, 16:40
Denmark
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tourist bus from kathmandu to pokhara

Yes, I have been travelling with them...and Greenline too.

I have never booked online though. I have just asked the front desk staff at my hotel to take care of a busticket for me a few days in advance. And then they have done so.

I don't think you have to worry.....!

If they didn't run honest business, there would have been writing about it here. And I have never seen that.

(A few people have been complaining that the busses are not like in Europe, but it has often been a matter of differences in culture more than actual problems with the buscompany or the bus itself)

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: tourist bus from kathmandu to pokhara

Coming in this thread a little late, but if anyone is still looking, we rode with BaBa and it was very very good. We payed 11$ from our Hotel. It might be cheaper from the agency itself. There was AC comfotable bus and a good lunch is included.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: tourist bus from kathmandu to pokhara

Is it safe on the road? Heard the road is very bad condition. Any comments? Thank you

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
9,084 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: tourist bus from kathmandu to pokhara

The road from KTM to Pokhara is not in the best condition; poorly surfaced, bumpy, lots of traffic so a slow journey..

Tourist buses are relatively safe.

scoodly

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
44 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: tourist bus from kathmandu to pokhara

Hi,

Baba is a good tourist bus company and in fact I believe all the tourist buses has to maintain certain quality to be in service. In fact I have travelled in more than 10 of the bus companies serving in Kathmandu Pokhara route and I find no or very less difference amongst them in terms of service, driving speed, food or arrival and departure times.

The roads are obviously not like the first world countries as the terrains are such and geographical constrains remain but these highways have been serving the citizens and the travellers and there are thousands of by road travellers getting in and out of the capital specifically from this highway. Yes if you are not used to driving or being driven in hilly condition and curvy roads you might have vomiting conditions.

Shaurab

Cumbria
Level Contributor
4,623 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: tourist bus from kathmandu to pokhara

I have travelled by tourist bus between Kathmandu and Pokhara (And return) scores of times over the last 20 years and can’t recall any major accidents involving tourist busses – Yes, for sure, the road isn’t in great condition, there are some horrendous drops at the side of the road and it wouldn’t suit the nervous traveller – But it’s All part of the Nepal Experience and as such, shouldn’t be missed.

I have used many different companies, including a couple of runs with the so called luxury operators (Greenline and Golden) but now usually stick to the standard tourist bus as the journey times are much the same. The comfort levels are similar and, to me, the extra price you pay for the luxury busses isn’t worth the extra $’s

The best views are on the right-hand side when heading towards Pokhara

Good Luck and Happy Safe Travels

Rob

My Nepal Blog members.virtualtourist.com/m/50192/6ec/

adelaide
Level Contributor
1,670 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: tourist bus from kathmandu to pokhara

I like the reply with vomiting conditions as that is the only sure thing about a bus ride on that road regardless of the price of a ticket

Reply to: tourist bus from kathmandu to pokhara
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted