We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Want to see Everest on a day trip from Kathmandu.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
Save Topic
Want to see Everest on a day trip from Kathmandu.

Hi, Any advise on how to see Everest on a one day trip from Kathmandu without flying?

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Want to see Everest on a day trip from Kathmandu.

Hi there,

It will be hard to see Mt everest on a one day trip from kathmandu with out flying.how ever i would recomend you to go Nagarkot to see the Everest Himalayas & langtang himalyas ranges.

enjoy your trip

kerry

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
52,113 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Want to see Everest on a day trip from Kathmandu.

Basically impossible. From Nagarkot at sunrise 80%, and sunset 60%, chance to get nice views of the Langtang massive; but less than 20-30% chance to see the much further Everest.

You're asking something akin to wanting to see Western Irish coast from the UK as a daytrip without flying - completely overstretching. Everest proximity from KTM by road is 12-14 hours drive...

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Want to see Everest on a day trip from Kathmandu.

Hi Kerry and Erik

Thank you for your advise, most useful, so now I can include a flight to see Everest and take a trip to Nagarkot/Langtang for vista's.

Cheers

Ferdi

Settle, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
2,333 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Want to see Everest on a day trip from Kathmandu.

Yes - that's the only way. Whilst the view from Nagarkot can be superb, the Mountain Flight is the only option (albeit costing around £100) that will give you a view of Everest in a day

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Want to see Everest on a day trip from Kathmandu.

Hi Alenyeti

Thanks for the reassurance. Most appreciated!

Cheers

Ferdi

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
31 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Want to see Everest on a day trip from Kathmandu.

Well another option would be to take a helicopter. While I was guiding treks I saw a few times people taking helicopter and land at the lap of Kalapather and see the Everest...

Good luck

Mingmar @ Nepal Sherpa Treks

Kathmandu
Level Contributor
17 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Want to see Everest on a day trip from Kathmandu.

go to the Mountain Flight by Buddha air.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,261 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Want to see Everest on a day trip from Kathmandu.

Here's one that is a complete freebie - to see Everest that is - you can see it 80-90% of the time and in essence don't have to pay a dime - that nobody has mentioned above so far - how - you ask? Read on..........

I travel to Nepal about three times year mostly from BKK/ HKK - and I always ask to be seated on the right side of the Aircraft, preferably on window seat (few trips where I bother to take widnow seat btw), And as you approach KTM about 15-20 mins from the landing almost always you can see Everest in the horizon - loud and clear above the clouds. Chances? Again about 8 out 10 times even in Monsoon season - becasue you will be flying at 30K ft and Everest sits at about that height (ok 29 K). Lot of travellers don't have a clue about this - pilot dude never anounces it - but I always tell my seat mate about it and next thing I know half the crowd in the cabin is leaning over the seats on the right side of the aircraft - taking photos.

This is pretty much true with any of the flights enetering Nepal from Eastern destinations - BKK, HKK, SIN, DAC, KUL, BIR, CCU etc.

So the question is are you flying from any of these destinations?

One more thing - the flight has to land before Dusk.

If all else fails - rent a dirt bike in KTM and go to Fulchowki (about 2 hrs bike ride) - better chance than Nagarkot.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Want to see Everest on a day trip from Kathmandu.

Thank you very much for this great piece of advice!!!!!

Kathmandu, Nepal
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Want to see Everest on a day trip from Kathmandu.

hi, you may do only by everest flight so there is not another option to see the Mount everest within one day so that please there is some airlines operates this scenic flight please take which one you feel more reable, i have read some of the people they provided you from Nagarkot you may see the Mt. Everest but as my experience i have not seen ever top of the mountain so that please do not believe 100% you may see the mt. everest.