We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

distance enquiry

Chandigarh, India
Level Contributor
2 posts
Save Topic
distance enquiry

what is distance between kathmandu to pokhra and what is mode of transport available. what are the places near kathmandu

Pokhara
Level Contributor
892 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: distance enquiry

Hi There Greetings, The Distance Between Kathmandu - Pokhara is 200 Kilometers to the West There Are Micro Vans Every One Hour During the Day From 6:A.m to 4 Pm. & Night Local Bus Leaves 7:30 & 8 Pm From Ktm , 30 Tourist Standard Buses Leaves 7:A.M. Every Morning From Near Thamel (Kantipath)

1 Luxury Bus Service(Greenline) Depart 7:30 From Opposite the Garden Of Dreams in Thamel Apart From that you can Find All Type Of Private Car Transfer From Luxury to Basic ,

There are Approximately 35-40 Flights A Day From Kathmandu Which is Operated By Various Airline I.E. Yeti Airlines , Guna Airlines , Agni Airlines , Buddha Airlines & Nepal Airlines Which is 25 Min on Air .

In My Recommendation One Way Surface & The Other way Flying

While Going to Pokhara You can Have a One 12 Min Cable Car ride & Visit The Wish Come True Temple "MANAKAMANA" &You can spent Over Night in Between Place call Bandipur / Just go there for a Day Lunch 1 Hour Off the Prithivi Highway .

Wishing you a Safe & Pleasant Trip if Any Question i can Happily Share you my personal experience as i drive this road frequently

Regards

Raja Hotel Glacier Pokhara .

Verona, Italy
Level Contributor
139 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: distance enquiry

Distance:

Kathmandu-Pokhara is around 200 Km.

Duration:

By tourist bus: Around 7 hours

By private cab: Around 5:30 hours

By flight: 25 minutes

Other places of attraction near Kathmandu:

- Nagarkot

- Daman

- Dhulikhel etc

Cumbria
Level Contributor
4,992 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: distance enquiry

With getting from Kathmandu to Pokhara, The time you wish to depart will be the determining factor about how you go about the journey.

If you are spending the night in Kathmandu before you go to Pokhara then you won’t have a problem as all options will be open

Tourist Busses – There are a plethora of these that all depart at the same time of around 07.00 (Reporting time 06.30) from the Kanti Path (Close to Thamel)

Next is the Greenline Luxury Tourist bus that departs from its own garage close to the kanti Path (Opposite the Garden of Dreams Restaurant) at around 07.30.

Local busses depart throughout the day and include night services

There are frequent mini busses from the ring road.

Private cars can easily be arranged, prices re around $100 for the journey

Flights operate from the domestic terminal of Kathmandu Tribuvan airport from early morning to mid afternoon (Weather permitting).

All the above options are written up in greater detail on the transportation tips section of my travel blog at members.virtualtourist.com/m/50192/6ec/

As well as ideas of what to see and do in and around Kathmandu and Pokhara.

There are also reviews of a lot of the hotels that I have stayed in over my last few visits to Nepal.

I Hope the above helps but if you need anything clarifying please feel fre to drop me a line.

Good Luck

Rob

Kathmandu
12 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: distance enquiry

Namaste welcome & Greeting from Dream Destination Between India and China(Tibet) .we are in Kathmandu now it was old trade center Between India and China in 1600 Century, If you want to go Pokhara from Kathmandu It is 200Km , Here is many type of Transportation available They are Private car,Van, Every day Tourist Bus from kathmandu to pokhara ,you can go by Flight, also.

Near of Kathmandu many nice place these are

Shivapuri : The Shivapuri Lekh forms the northern rim of the Kathmandu Valley. The slopes provide much of the city's drinking water and the forests here constitute a proctected Zone for this resion.The high point of the ride. at 2732 metres,provides a stunning View of the city and its outskirte.Much of the trek is though unspoiled old growth forests of oak,rhododendron and beech.

Godavari to Pulchowki : The highest points of the Kathmandu Valley rim is the hill top at pulchowki, 2762 meters’ the base of the hill, at Godavari, is the National Botanical Gardens so trip to this part of the Kathmandu can combine both destinations.The havily wooded slopes of Pulchowki are renowned for the large Variety of birds and Butterfies to be seenWhile a moter road stretches right to the top of the hill a foot trials avoids the need to follow it for most of the climb.

Nagarkot : The resort village of Nagarkot is a 32 km from the central Kathmandu.it is favorite destination for many visitors to Nepal. there were some excellent views .you can see the many many mountain from the nagarkot.it has a many many resort as well as more facilities.

Kirtipur to Champadevi : A trek to the hilltop of Champadevi, on the southern rim of the valley makes an enjoyable outing. The hill overshadows the historic settlement of Kirtipur, one of the last of the newer strongholds to be defeated by prithivi Narayan Shah, the unifier of Nepal. Several different routes can reach the hill, which stands at 2278 metres, but the one from Kirtipur is most intresting.bus or taxi can be used to reach Kirrtipur from Kathmandu.

Be safe as Have Great time in Nepal.

Jhumri Telaiya...
Level Contributor
322 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: distance enquiry

Hi

Boblove21

Apart from PASHUPATINATH TEMPLE in Kathmandu, While in Nepal, please do not forget to visit Pokhara and Sarangkot, Pokhara is very picturesque.

Thanks

Alok

6. Re: distance enquiry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2012, 15:51