We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Base camp trek to Everest: which company to use?

Level Contributor
58 posts
166 reviews
Save Topic
Base camp trek to Everest: which company to use?

My cousin and I want to do an Everest base camp trek. We are middle aged, seasoned hikers who don't want to tote our own sleeping bags, and we've never done winter camping. Can you recommend a great tour company that will provide all needed equipment? What is best/warmest time to go? What else do we need to know? Thanks to all who respond.

Kathmandu
Level Contributor
928 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Base camp trek to Everest: which company to use?

There are lots of travel and trekking companies are in Kathmandu. Most trekking companies are genuine. But I do not believe on recommendations. There are numbers of fake recommendations in the forum. So, what I suggest you is to find a company on your own. You can contact some of your friends who were in Nepal before [If you have any].

Or search in Google for finding travel agents for your trek. If you deal prior to booking then all companies will provide you necessary gears for your trek.

Have a nice trek!

Mentioned in this post
Kathmandu
Kathmandu
Kathmandu Valley, Nepal
2. Re: Base camp trek to Everest: which company to use?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 03 April 2011, 01:05
Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
328 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Base camp trek to Everest: which company to use?

Addition to guideupendra; september-october would be the best time to go but warmest time-never!

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
402 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Base camp trek to Everest: which company to use?

Hi there,

Good toknow that you are travelling to Nepal & interesting to trek in Everest base camp.As guide upendra said please be ware of Fake recommendation with different travel & trekking company in this forum.How ever there are several trekking & travel company in Nepal & most of the operate trekking trip to everest base camp.well, September & october are warmets time to trek in Everest base camp though,October,November,December,march,April & may are the best month to go there.

2 weeks time in recemended to trek in Everest Base camp By fly on & fly out in Lukla.the altitude could be problems so please go slow, get well accalamatize in namche bazaar,drink 3 Ltrs of water every day & do not climb more the 600m in a day over 3000m that helps to avoid Altitude sickness & definitely you can complit it with out any problems.

I I suggest you below itinerary:

Day 01:Arrival in Kathmandu.

Day 02:Fly to Lukla & trek to Phakding.

Day 03:Trek to Namche Bazar.

Day 04 :Rest day for accalamatize.

Day 05: Trek to Tyangboche

Day 06: Trek to Dingboche.

Day 07: Dingboche rest

Day 08:Trek to Lobuche

Day 09:Trek to Gorepshe & hike to Everest BC.

Day 10: Hike to kalapatthar 5555 M & trek down to Pheriche.

Day 11;Trek to Namche

Dat 12: Trek to Phakding.

Day 13.Trek to Lukla

Day 14:fly back to Kathmandu.

I hope above info in usefull for your Nepal trekking trip.

Wish you have good trek .

Mentioned in this post
Kathmandu
Kathmandu
Kathmandu Valley, Nepal
5. Re: Base camp trek to Everest: which company to use?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 09 April 2011, 08:35
Settle, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
2,377 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Base camp trek to Everest: which company to use?

See

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293889-s208/Nepal:We…

for climate figures. Either pre-monsoon (April - May) or post-monsoon (October - November) are the most pleasant times from the weather point of view.

I don't quite understand your reference to 'winter camping', as most trekkers tend to use the lodges rather than to camp (though camping is possible, but more expensive than using lodges as you'll need to employ a cook team, and several more porters)

See

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293889-c134552/Nepal…

for a suggested equipment list

There are numerous good agencies (and no doubt a few that are less good) in Kathmandu. Look back through the Nepal forum and you'll find some recommendations. I did that some little while ago, and picked out several that are obviously genuine. Send me a private message if you want that list.

Mentioned in this post
Kathmandu
Kathmandu
Kathmandu Valley, Nepal
Surfers Paradise...
Level Contributor
795 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Base camp trek to Everest: which company to use?

hi, the warmest time is obviously summer time in june july august but that is also the monsoon. may is very popular although you may get some rain.

in terms of trekking companies, i just returned from everest base camp and also island peak and i was very happy with the company i used. in saying that im sure there are lots of other companies out there that are also good.

if youd like the details of the company i used pm me and ill forward the details.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Base camp trek to Everest: which company to use?

Hi,

I've used Skyline Treks and Expeditions 3 times now. I am in my 60's and they are really helpful to the older trekker. They even extended the trek by 4 days so that we could take more time. They made it really "easy"

When we did the Everest Base Camp trek, there was no camping involved, it was all lodge based.

Best time of year when the weather is at it's mildest is April/May.

Hope this helps. Check them out www.skylinetreks.com

9. Re: Base camp trek to Everest: which company to use?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2011, 20:09
10. Re: Base camp trek to Everest: which company to use?

Removed on: 09 April 2011, 05:05