We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

gifts for Nepali boys age 8 and 12 and their mom

Anchorage, Alaska
1 post
Save Topic
gifts for Nepali boys age 8 and 12 and their mom

I am going to Ktm in March and will be visiting a Nepali family with two boys ages 8 and 12 and their mom and dad. One boy asked for a remote control car. Any ideas on other gifts from USA that would be so cool to bring to the boys and to their mom and dad? Do they know our pop culture of Harry Potter or batman or what? What do I give the mom and dad? Need suggestions, PLEASE. I love buying good gifts.

Mentioned in this post
Tribhuvan Airport
Tribhuvan Airport
Kathmandu, Nepal
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
60,682 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: gifts for Nepali boys age 8 and 12 and their mom

Hi there,

Yes - Western pop culture now also reached the Nepal streets and TV networks. For Mom and Dad uniqueness is more important than value; souvenirs and typical products (for display, not for eating) from your USA area always score well. This way they prove to their kin and friends that they have 'important foreign friends'....

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
202 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: gifts for Nepali boys age 8 and 12 and their mom

try to bring such kinds of gift which can Present you ,even you are not in their eye

Kathmandu, Nepal
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: gifts for Nepali boys age 8 and 12 and their mom

Thanks for your kindness

In my opinion Gift=Thing+Love.

I hope the family will be happier receiving anything filled of love.

As concerning the things,no one can certainly tell this and that because taste differs from persons to persons.In the matter of giving gift i opine that social,cultural,educational,economical conditions plays the important role.

I can guess that the boys are school kids and if you gift materials helpful for their studies would be precious.As for parents you can present electronic things like mobile set,watch,digital camera etc which are still important in the Nepali context.

4. Re: gifts for Nepali boys age 8 and 12 and their mom

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2011, 09:59