We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kathmandu to Lhasa bus

Dhaka
1 post
Save Topic
kathmandu to Lhasa bus

Hello, I am from Bangladesh and I am interest to visit Kathmandu to Lhasa, then Lhasa to Guangzhou. Have any body inform me haw I get visa and TTB? And haw many days need process in Kathmandu above two papers. If I get china visa from Bangladesh have any problem entry Lhasa via Kathmandu and get TTB? Will the Kathmandu to Lhasa bus service be active in end of November? Could you give the details of an agency that can book the TTB, Kathmandu to Lhasa bus ticket and Lhasa to Guangzhou train ticket?

Vienna, Austria
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: kathmandu to Lhasa bus

Hey

As far as I know, they want to try the bus company again in 2011.

But I want to go from kathmandu to lhasa too at end of november.

You can only go by a agency, because you need the Tibet Travel Permit, wich you can only get in this way.

I found a budget tour for 360 and you´ll pay for Visa extra

Normal: 58 $ if you wait for 5 days in kathmandu

Urgent: 80 $ for 3 days

Top Urgent: 114$ for 1-2 days

I´m intressted in this trip! But I´m even more interested in doing this trip with a visit at the Mt. Everest Base camp

Wich is a private tour for 2-4 people 990 $ per person, own jeep (not big bus with 30 people). You make this trip in 8 days too.

I´m searching for a secound person, who would like to do this with me, because I can´t do it alone.

Would you be interessted in this trip?

Please,Contact me at: schickamail@gmail.com

Vienna, Austria
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: kathmandu to Lhasa bus

....oh I forgot.

I want to travel over chengdu and guangzhou too, so maybe we can travel a time together.

I want to go down to Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City) and ofer Cau Doc to Phnom Penh and Siem Reap (Arkor) , Bankok and so on......

Please let me know if you want to share some part of the trip (specially from kathmandu to Lhasa) and save some money on the way.

Looking forward to hear from you

Cheers Chris

Dublin, Ireland
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: kathmandu to Lhasa bus

Hi Chris,

Which tour company did you decide to use from Kathmandu to Lhasa? Also I'm planning similar travels from India (GOA) through to SE Asia in March so do let us know how you get on in terms of transport!

Cheers,

Cathal

Edited: 02 November 2010, 20:07
4. Re: kathmandu to Lhasa bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2011, 12:07