We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 days in Nepal - Kathmandu

New Jersey
Level Contributor
54 posts
6 reviews
3 days in Nepal - Kathmandu

I'll start by saying i know nothing about Nepal but I find myself in India with an unexpected 3 free days. I'd like to fly into Kathmandu and make the most of my time. What are best things to do in Kathmandu and how easy is it to get to somewhere with mild hikes/treks and views of Everest?

Kathmandu
Level Contributor
928 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: 3 days in Nepal - Kathmandu

Hi there,

As you have very short time frame you can try some sightseeing in Kathmandu. Patan, Bhaktapur valley, take a mountain flight to see Mt. Everest and then drive for a overnight stay to Nagarkot. There are lots of things to do in Kathmandu also but I do believe that you do not have sufficient time.

Regards,

Upendra

Fuchay
Level Contributor
36 posts
2. Re: 3 days in Nepal - Kathmandu

Hi,

If you have only 3 days to spend in Kathmandu I think you should think about spending one night at Bouddhanath (Hotel Mandala) close by the Bouddhanath Stupa, Next day think about Bungee Jump or World heritage sight-seeing and spend a night in Dhulikhel (Dhulikhel Mountain Resort) and last day shopping around Kathmandu.

I hope given information will helps you to design a nice program.

Should you need more information, please do post here.

Fuchay.

Kathmandu, Nepal
3 posts
3. Re: 3 days in Nepal - Kathmandu

Hi there,

Including almost every aspect of Nepal and Nepalese people from birth to the death. This program seems very fast but sweet of Kathmandu Valley. Thousand Golden roofs of Patan, the people and well known city of Bhaktapur mentioned a ‘little Buddha’, Buddhism practice in Boudhanath and Hinduism in Pashupatinath, smiling snowpeak mountains from Dhulikhel. Dancing beautiful girls of Bhanchha Ghar, peaceful eyes of lord Swoyambhunath and surprising bazaar’s, squares, temples, Sadhus and smiling gentle people of Kathmandu within 2 days visit is really a fast but sweet program for them who do not have lot of time for holidays in Kathmandu.

1. Arrival transfer to the hotel. Lunch and visit of Patan

2. Visit of Dhulikhel for Sunrise and on the way back visit of Bhaktapur. Lunch at hotel. Afternoon visit of City, Swoyambhunath

3. Visit of Pashupatinath, Boudhanath. Early lunch and departure for airport

UK
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: 3 days in Nepal - Kathmandu

I found Kathmandu itself to be exceptionally polluted : in the Lonely Planet it says that many people get chest infections whilst transitted to mountain regions, that later cause problems up the mountain. I would advise to bring a cycling mask and wear it in polluted areas of Thamel (all tourist areas in the centre like Thamel) ... and stay in Bhaktapur or somewhere a little outside the centre. Osho Tapoban is good also.

5. Re: 3 days in Nepal - Kathmandu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 December 2010, 11:47