We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling overland from Kathmandhu to Lhasa

The Lake District...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Travelling overland from Kathmandhu to Lhasa

I know that one has to be part of a group to travel overland. There are 2 of us and I have read that the jeeps just put different 'groups' together to fill the seats. We want to take longer than the usual trip overland to Lhasa...has anyone had experience of negotiationg this with the operators?

bagmati
5 posts
1. Re: Travelling overland from Kathmandhu to Lhasa

Hi,

I've done twice the trip

Yes the trip takes 8days/7 nights from Kathmandu to Lhasa. When you apply for the TTb(tibet permit) you

have to be in a group(agencies arrange that) There is lot of tricks you may go independetly but not easy.

And this year will be very difficult because the 50Th

anniversary !!The border closed .I'm affraid this

year will be difficult to go to Tibet.

Try this:

www.himalayanabode.com

I hope you can make it!!

good luck!!

bagmati

2. Re: Travelling overland from Kathmandhu to Lhasa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 13:51