We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ganesh Himal Hotel, chettrapati , Kathmandu, Nepal

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Ganesh Himal Hotel, chettrapati , Kathmandu, Nepal

WELL DONE !! Hotel Ganesh Himal Chhetrapati, Kathmandu,Nepal , YOU DID IT AGAIN!!.

I was in Nepal from 3/1/2009 till 17/1/2009 and during this period,the whole of Nepal experiences shortages of electricity,fuel, extended blackout period etc etc.

However, i must give credit to Mr and Mr. Mukhiya Gurung , and all the staff of Ganesh Himal Hotel for their good efforts to make all their hotel guests have a pleasant and safe stay so much so the shortage of electricity which the neighboring part of Kathmandu or Thamel experiences ,does not bother me at all! .I am very comfortable both physically and mentally and had a very pleasant stay at Ganesh Himal Hotel.

The following remedial action taken by Hotel Ganesh Himal to make my stay and all the rest of the guests, a pleasant, safe and comfortable one. :-

1) Ganesh Himal Hotel had installed lightings between/along the path road leading to their Hotel and it was most welcomed by both the hotel guests and residents alike as it is also a public service to the community and for everyone safety.

Having said that, there are no worries as the place is very safe as it is surrounded residential areas, where no one loiters / strangers unlike some other places.

Unlike the shops at Thamel , where after dark, the shop will be vacated and all goes homes where else , where Ganesh Himal is situated, it surrounded with residents and they will be there most of the time as such their presence is an advantage to the guests and road users alike and acts as a crime prevention/deterrence.

Ganesh Himal have been there for a long time through my understanding while having conversation with the shop keepers/residents along the road towards Ganesh Hotel and the residents/Hotel/nearby shops relationship is very good and they look out for one another as such the neighbouly Community Spirit is there and hence it is safe for tourist to walk at night and not having the feeling of insecure. (I am speaking through my experiences as a retired Police Station Inspector in Republic of Singapore Police Force with 29 years experiences serving in crime branch etc, etc .)

2) As you may know, most of the parts of Kathmandu surroundings and Thamel tourist areas are filled with rubbish that is not cleared away by the public works department staffs, however you will notice that Hotel Ganesh management and their staff will ensure that there are no rubbish near or in front the hotel so that the guest will not be uncomfortable and I had seen them cleaning the drive way road for their guest ‘s comfort. This is a job done by unsung Heroes! as the residents or any public driving or traveling pass the vicinity will surely benefited from this public service!

3) Free Distilled hot and cold water dispenser, free internet services. If you would to go to Thamel areas for internet services, I noticed they will price it differently for tourist compared to local.

4) The food is reasonably priced, catered food for non vegetarian and vegetarian alike. The waiters are a group of very friendly, service/customer orientated and will not hesitate to go extra mile to make your day.They are always cheerful and at times after having a tired day,these guys can perks up cheers your day!

5) I noticed in spite of the Nepal electricity shortage, the hotel had install lights at the common areas like stairway, reception areas, dining room etc and thus very useful for the guest. Heaters were provided at reception/dining areas for your comfort and when bottled gas is a luxury in Nepal, the guest of Hotel Ganesh were kept warm with a heater when they are dining etc, all in the name of guest’s comfort and pleasure.

6) The garden area with trees, plants and water fountain, are very useful as it far different scenario of the busy, dusty, noisy and chaotic Thamel or other tourist district of Kathmandu. The neighboring houses, and the best is that are very neighborly and friendly around the hotel make the differences between noisy tourist areas hotel with all the horning , noises etc etc or a good for you your money place to stay like Hotel Ganesh. Walking distance from the hotel to other parts of Thamel is no problem and with in a few minutes and easily accessible.

7) While in the dark hours, most hotels vicinity shops will be closed and can be very dark and quite in most part of kathmandu , where else I notice , at Ganesh Himal, the surroundings is covered with residential and people are staying there and daily activity carrying on as such it is very safe (my wife too affirms that it is very safe area)

To Mr. Mukhiya and Madame Maya and all the staff of Ganesh Himal Hotel :-

Nepal or Kathmandu currently may be have a THIRD WORLD shortage of fuel ,electricity etc ,etc but Ganesh Himal Hotel on the other hand is giving a FIRST WORLD ‘s first class service quality ,safety, comfort in spite of the country’s current situation,

and for that I dare to say

“Well Done ,You did it again! “

Thank you very much

Regards,

Mohamed Taha Bin Abdullah,

Training Consultant,STET/DEFENCE,

SINGAPORE

Kathmandu
Level Contributor
179 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ganesh Himal Hotel, chettrapati , Kathmandu, Nepal

I think the experience that you had shared will help fellow travelers.

2. Re: Ganesh Himal Hotel, chettrapati , Kathmandu, Nepal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 14:49