We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Gorakhpur/Sunauli to Kathmandu

chennai
1 post
Save Topic
Bus from Gorakhpur/Sunauli to Kathmandu

Hello! Can you please give me an idea, how long it will take to go to Kathmandu?

Coming from Varanasi by train, we arrive in Gorakhpur about 8am on a Tuesday morning an we already know that a bus to Sonauli takes about 3 hours. Is it possible to catch a bus around this time? Shall we book a online ticket in advance?

How about the bus tour from the border to Kathmandu?

Is it possible to reach Kathmandu in the same day when we only arrived in Gorakhpur at 8am?

Thanks for your soon answer!

Kathmandu
Level Contributor
179 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Gorakhpur/Sunauli to Kathmandu

From Sunauli to Kathmandu, it takes around 8 hours for the bus ride. I think it might be difficult for you to reach Kathmandu on the same day you arrive in Gorakhpur. You can board the night bus to Kathmandu from around 2 pm and will reach Kathmandu early next morning - it will make a stop over in the middle.

I think you might not be able to book online the local buses from Gorakhpur to Sunauli.

2. Re: Bus from Gorakhpur/Sunauli to Kathmandu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 15:50