We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

go to New Delhi(India) from Kathmandu by bus

Hong Kog
2 posts
Save Topic
go to New Delhi(India) from Kathmandu by bus

I want go to New Delhi(India) from Kathmandu by bus, anybody can give me advise. How much for the bus free. How long does the trip . Any document or payment that I need in the Terminal(which one??)

Toronto
Level Contributor
50 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: go to New Delhi(India) from Kathmandu by bus

DO NOT go to New Delhi by Bua, there is a lot of harassment for tourists in the border and the towns along the border are not safe. Instead spend some money and fly on Roayl Neapl (cheapest airline) and go by air to Delhi. You will save yourself a lot of problems.

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
202 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: go to New Delhi(India) from Kathmandu by bus

It is difficult by traveling bus it is long distance use plan it is easy.

Kassel
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: go to New Delhi(India) from Kathmandu by bus

ya... I also travelled to Delhi in june by direct bus... in boarder the Indian police ask money and cause lot of problems... They asked me for my money bag and all... I was surprisisng if they are police or theif... otherwise it is ok... you have to be careful... and it takes long. 36 hrs or even more..

Kathmandu
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: go to New Delhi(India) from Kathmandu by bus

NEVER EVER DO THAT . The journey takes min. 36 hours and they will charge around 2500 NPR .

The road is bad , people are bad , crazy policemen , no proper toilet , no good food all the way .........list goes on and on . And for big people seat will be too uneasy .

NpjBnk
Level Contributor
287 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: go to New Delhi(India) from Kathmandu by bus

Are you crazy in anyway??? New Delhi is very very far away from Kathmandu The distance would not be a problem if it was a nice journey. So many difficulties you have to bear no hygenic food except packed ones (may be expired)toilet problem (you may need to use open space)beggars,crazy crowds, indian policemen and the list goes on.....So, if you dare to fight with all kinds of difficulties physical(not sexual) and mental, from kathmandu take direct bus or go to birgunj than raxaul(border) or to Nepalgunj than to rupaidiah and get a bus or train to delhi.

Thank you

6. Re: go to New Delhi(India) from Kathmandu by bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2010, 11:47